comp.lang.python

PyCon 2008 Registration Open!

David Goodger

1/21/2008 1:35:00 AM

I am pleased to announce that PyCon 2008 registration is now open!

http://us.pycon...reg...

Early-bird registration is open until February 20, so there's one
month to register at the low rates. Regular on-line registration will
be available from February 21 through March 7.

PyCon 2008 will be held from March 13 through 20 in Chicago:

* Tutorials: Thursday, March 13
* Conference: Friday, March 14, through Sunday, March 16
* Sprints: Monday, March 17 through Thursday, March 20

Register early, especially if you'd like to attend a tutorial or
three, as tutorials fill up early. And yes, you heard that correctly
-- this year, we have three tutorial sessions: morning, afternoon, and
evening. There are 29 great tutorials to choose from. More about the
tutorials soon, but for now, you can check out the descriptions
yourself here: http://us.pycon...tutorials...

The talk schedule is also up (in a preliminary form), although some
changes are expected: http://us.pycon...conference...

Hotel reservations are also open:

https://www.cteusa.c...

The rate is $99/night plus tax ($112/night net), also until
February 20. More hotel information is here:
http://us.pycon...reg...hotel/

See the PyCon web site for complete details:

http://us.pycon...

Thanks to the PyCon organizers for developing the software, providing
the website content, testing & debugging. PyCon is a community
conference, of, by, and for the Python community. There is still
much to do, and you can help!

http://us.pycon...helping/

See you in Chicago!

David Goodger
PyCon 2008 Chair

1 Answer

Etienne Marais

On Nov 15, 6:41 am, Etienne Marais <etienne.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 5:58 am, Bob Dubery <megap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 15, 5:41 am, Etienne Marais <etienne.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Facebook page:http://www.facebook.co...!/African.White.Refugees
>
> > > White South Africans use Facebook in campaign to return to Holland
>
> > > White South Africans, concerned about racism and crime, have launched
> > > a Facebook petition to return to Holland, where their ancestors lived
> > > 300 years ago.
>
> > > Cape Town, South Africa
> > > Is there a statute of limitations on citizenship?
>
> > > Afrikaners in South Africa may soon find out. Three hundred years
> > > after their forefathers left Europe for a new life in Cape Town, some
> > > Afrikaners are lobbying the Dutch government to grant them
> > > citizenship.
>
> > > The descendants of the Boer settlers are looking for an exit plan.
> > > They say white people have become targets of crime with tensions
> > > rising since the murder of right-wing Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging
> > > (AWB) leader Eugene Terreblanche last month.
>
> > > They want the Dutch authorities to enact a "Jus Sanguinis" or right of
> > > blood law allowing Afrikaners to return to what they claim is their
> > > original home.
>
> > > After the end of apartheid in 1994, many white South Africans fled the
> > > country fearing a racial backlash. Many emigrated to Australia,
> > > Canada, New Zealand, the US, and the United Kingdom. A recent report
> > > by the South African Institute on Race Relations said nearly 800,000
> > > whites had left during that period, citing employment discrimination
> > > and the high crime rate. South Africa sees an average of 50 murders a
> > > day – most of the victims are black.
>
> > > The emerging Afrikaner "Right of Return" campaign echoes the concerns
> > > of 1994, and is indicative of a rising fear among some white farmers.
> > > The effort is being co-ordinated by Lara Johnstone, who claims South
> > > Africa is heading down the path taken by Zimbabwe with whites bearing
> > > the brunt of economic and civic collapse.
>
> > > “I don’t know whether it will be five years, 10 years or whenever – it
> > > depends on the Malema factor," said said, referring to Julius Malema,
> > > the African National Congress youth leader who was fined $1,300 last
> > > week for singing a song that urged ANC members to “shoot the Boers.”
> > > "But I think we are going to become another Zimbabwe."
>
> > > Ms. Johnstone traces her Afrikaans heritage to the Bosmans who left
> > > Amsterdam for the Cape in 1707. Her Facebook-led campaign has so far
> > > attracted nearly 600 members.
>
> > > Many of her members are also supporting an online petition for South
> > > African Brandon Huntley, who prompted a diplomatic spat after applying
> > > for asylum in Canada on the basis of racial persecution here.
>
> > > Johnstone's site also explains how to apply for Dutch citizenship. But
> > > for most, the chances of receiving Dutch citizenship are almost non-
> > > existent, say Dutch officials and analysts.
>
> > Which is what I'd expect. EU countries are increasingly clamping down
> [...]

And blacks should make up their minds whether they want us here or
not,
I am finding an increase in the number of posts on youtube stating
that
we will be driven away sooner or later.

Thabo Mbeki said 'we' do not like it that skilled South Africans are
taken
into Britain and America. But I think the masses want to drive us into
the sea.