comp.lang.python

Python 3000 and import __hello__

Brad

1/19/2008 9:54:00 PM

Just playing around with Python3000 a2 release on Windows XP 32-bit x86.

import __hello__

doesn't print 'hello world...' as it does on 2.5

The import doesn't fail or generate errors... just no output. Perhaps
this is by design?

Brad
3 Answers

Christian Heimes

Brad wrote:
> Just playing around with Python3000 a2 release on Windows XP 32-bit x86.
>
> import __hello__
>
> doesn't print 'hello world...' as it does on 2.5
>
> The import doesn't fail or generate errors... just no output. Perhaps
> this is by design?

I changed the __hello__ frozen module a while ago. The print was
unreliable for some new unit tests.

Christian

Christian Heimes

Brad wrote:
> Just playing around with Python3000 a2 release on Windows XP 32-bit x86.
>
> import __hello__
>
> doesn't print 'hello world...' as it does on 2.5
>
> The import doesn't fail or generate errors... just no output. Perhaps
> this is by design?

I changed the __hello__ frozen module a while ago. The print was
unreliable for some new unit tests.

Christian

ajaksu

On Jan 19, 7:54 pm, Brad <b...@16systems.com> wrote:
> Just playing around with Python3000 a2 release on Windows XP 32-bit x86.
>
> import __hello__
>
> doesn't print 'hello world...' as it does on 2.5

Thanks for spoiling this easter egg for me!

;)