https post with xml data?

Jonathan Rochkind

3/26/2009 2:56:00 PM

I need to post some XML (not form encoded, just raw XML in the body) to
an https url.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this with Net::HTTP. Both
the https issue and the request body issue.

Anyone have any hints or examples? Thanks!

Jonathan

ara.t.howard

On Mar 26, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> I need to post some XML (not form encoded, just raw XML in the body)
> an https url.
>
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this with Net::HTTP. Both
> the https issue and the request body issue.
>
> Anyone have any hints or examples? Thanks!

give up. use restclient.

sudo gem install rest-client

if you really want to know how to do it read the restclient code - it
uses net/http under the hood.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.