comp.lang.python

Re: Importing java within python

Henry Chang

1/17/2008 4:37:00 PM

www.jython.org

On Jan 17, 2008 8:06 AM, Osthaus, Christopher (Mission Systems)
<Christopher.Osthaus@ngc.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is an easy one - I'm new to Python and working on a script where I need
> to use some java swing classes. I'm running Python on Windows.
>
> I've got an import statement that looks something like:
>
> from java.lang import System
> from javax.swing import JPasswordField
> from javax.swing import JOptionPane
>

> How do I get Python to recognize the java module? I assume I need to set
> one of my environment variables? I realize this is probably very obvious
> but I can't seem to figure it out :)
>
> Thanks everyone...

Laurent Pointal

Le Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:36:59 -0800, Henry Chang a écrit :

> www.jython.org
>
> On Jan 17, 2008 8:06 AM, Osthaus, Christopher (Mission Systems)
> <Christopher.Osthaus@ngc.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> This is an easy one - I'm new to Python and working on a script where I
>> need to use some java swing classes. I'm running Python on Windows.
>>
>> I've got an import statement that looks something like:
>>
>> from java.lang import System
>> from javax.swing import JPasswordField from javax.swing import
>> JOptionPane
>>

>> How do I get Python to recognize the java module? I assume I need to
>> set one of my environment variables? I realize this is probably very
>> obvious but I can't seem to figure it out :)
>>
>> Thanks everyone...
>> --

To complement Henry Chang reply, you can also take a look at:

http://jpype.source... (Java To Python Integration)
http://jepp.source... (Java Embeded Python)

See my other Python/Java links at
http://www.limsi.fr/Individu/pointal/python.html#liens-intau...