comp.lang.python

Current Special Vicoden

hetileva69812

1/16/2008 6:42:00 PM

Living in Pain. We can help

Pain Meds Online

discoveyamazing.com

5 Answers

tombrown@jhu.edu

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:57:12 AM UTC-4, Richard Yates wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 08:24:53 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Schulman
>
> <andrew@abacaproductions.com> wrote:
>

> >It's playing at this very moment on WQXR in NY, sounds great.
>

> >http://www.wqxr.org/#/recordi...
>

> >Andrew
>

> Thanks for the heads-up and for looking up the link, Andrew.
>

> Last year (two years ago?), the TXGQ had been working on the piece and
>
> I had seen a fuzzy video of a run-through with bad sound. Before the
>
> CD was released, I was driving my car one Sunday and half-listening to
>
> Classical Guitar Alive on the radio. I suddenly realized that the TXGQ
>
> Brandenburg was playing!...on the radio!!...my arrangement!!!
>
> on a nationally syndicated program!!!!
>

> One of the biggest thrills of my life.
>

> When the track finished, Tony announced it as "The Texas Guitar
>
> Quartet playing their version of the Brandenburg Concerto No 3."
>

> One of the biggest let-downs of my life.

Well screw Tony then. Che was right about him.

Richard Yates

On Wed, 21 May 2014 09:19:01 -0700 (PDT), thomas
<drthomasfbrown@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:57:12 AM UTC-4, Richard Yates wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 May 2014 08:24:53 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Schulman
>>
>> <andrew@abacaproductions.com> wrote:
>>

>> >It's playing at this very moment on WQXR in NY, sounds great.
>>

>> >http://www.wqxr.org/#/recordi...
>>

>> >Andrew
>>

>> Thanks for the heads-up and for looking up the link, Andrew.
>>

>> Last year (two years ago?), the TXGQ had been working on the piece and
>>
>> I had seen a fuzzy video of a run-through with bad sound. Before the
>>
>> CD was released, I was driving my car one Sunday and half-listening to
>>
>> Classical Guitar Alive on the radio. I suddenly realized that the TXGQ
>>
>> Brandenburg was playing!...on the radio!!...my arrangement!!!
>>
>> on a nationally syndicated program!!!!
>>

>> One of the biggest thrills of my life.
>>

>> When the track finished, Tony announced it as "The Texas Guitar
>>
>> Quartet playing their version of the Brandenburg Concerto No 3."
>>

>> One of the biggest let-downs of my life.
>
>Well screw Tony then. Che was right about him.

To be fair, he did apologize and say he did not see my name (where it
says "Johann Sebastian Bach (arr. Richard Yates)" above the title). No
on-air correction, though.

Andrew Schulman

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:57:12 AM UTC-4, Richard Yates wrote:
> Last year (two years ago?), the TXGQ had been working on the piece and
>
> I had seen a fuzzy video of a run-through with bad sound. Before the
>
> CD was released, I was driving my car one Sunday and half-listening to
>
> Classical Guitar Alive on the radio. I suddenly realized that the TXGQ
>
> Brandenburg was playing!...on the radio!!...my arrangement!!!
>
> on a nationally syndicated program!!!!

> One of the biggest thrills of my life.
>
> When the track finished, Tony announced it as "The Texas Guitar
>
> Quartet playing their version of the Brandenburg Concerto No 3."
>
> One of the biggest let-downs of my life.

That's really unfortunate that he didn't take the extra moment of thoughtfulness to properly credit the arranger.

WQXR in New York did and that is a significantly, to say the least, more important credit.

Andrew

Andrew Schulman

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:43:36 PM UTC-4, Richard Yates wrote:
> To be fair, he did apologize and say he did not see my name (where it
>
> says "Johann Sebastian Bach (arr. Richard Yates)" above the title). No
>
> on-air correction, though.

Nice of you to say, "to be fair" even though it wasn't.

Andrew

JMF

On 5/21/2014 11:43 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:57:12 AM UTC-4, Richard Yates wrote:
>> Last year (two years ago?), the TXGQ had been working on the piece and
>>
>> I had seen a fuzzy video of a run-through with bad sound. Before the
>>
>> CD was released, I was driving my car one Sunday and half-listening to
>>
>> Classical Guitar Alive on the radio. I suddenly realized that the TXGQ
>>
>> Brandenburg was playing!...on the radio!!...my arrangement!!!
>>
>> on a nationally syndicated program!!!!
>
>> One of the biggest thrills of my life.
>>
>> When the track finished, Tony announced it as "The Texas Guitar
>>
>> Quartet playing their version of the Brandenburg Concerto No 3."
>>
>> One of the biggest let-downs of my life.
>
> That's really unfortunate that he didn't take the extra moment of thoughtfulness to properly credit the arranger.
>
> WQXR in New York did and that is a significantly, to say the least, more important credit.

I agree. Congratulations, Richard.

John