[ANN] GemsOnRuby v 0.0.0 (vaporware release / RFP

Peter Fitzgibbons

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce the vaporware release of GemsOnRuby gem, currently
v. 0.0.0
This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the same
gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.
GemsOnRuby can be found in
GitHub<http://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby/t... is
available for
cloning <git://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby.git>.

"How can I help?", you say!!
Easy, vote +1 or -1 for futher development of this gem... and yes, please
identify existing gems on GitHub or RubyForge that demonstrate
freezing gems in a standard Ruby application.

Hope you all like the happy-programming vapo-action!!

Peter Fitzgibbons
(847) 687-7646
Email: peter.fitzgibbons@gmail.com
IM GTalk: peter.fitzgibbons
IM Yahoo: pjfitzgibbons
IM MSN: pjfitzgibbons@hotmail.com
IM AOL: peter.fitzgibbons@gmail.com

3 Answers

Radoslaw Bulat

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Peter Fitzgibbons
<peter.fitzgibbons@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am pleased to announce the vaporware release of GemsOnRuby gem, current=
ly
> v. 0.0.0
> This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the same
> gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.
> GemsOnRuby can be found in
> GitHub<http://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby/t... is
> available for
> cloning <git://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby.git>.
>
> "How can I help?", you say!!
> Easy, vote +1 or -1 for futher development of this gem... and yes, please
> identify existing gems on GitHub or RubyForge that demonstrate
> freezing gems in a standard Ruby application.

How it is different from dr. Nic GemsOnRails project? I see only dr.
Nic commits there...

--=20
Pozdrawiam

Rados=B3aw Bu=B3at
http://radarek... - m=F3j blog

Peter Fitzgibbons

Being v. 0.0.0, I haven't actually changed anything from the fork. :)

GemsOnRails is tied and exclusively compatible with a Rails implementation.

GemsOnRuby will be able to be "easily :)" applied to a plain Ruby app
containing not-much-more than a main.rb (or other starting point) and a
/lib directory.

:)

2009/3/21 Rados=B3aw Bu=B3at <radek.bulat@gmail.com>

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Peter Fitzgibbons
> <peter.fitzgibbons@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am pleased to announce the vaporware release of GemsOnRuby gem,
> currently
> > v. 0.0.0
> > This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the sam=
> > gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.
> > GemsOnRuby can be found in
> > GitHub<http://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby/t... is
> > available for
> > cloning <git://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby.git>.
> >
> > "How can I help?", you say!!
> > Easy, vote +1 or -1 for futher development of this gem... and yes, plea=
se
> > identify existing gems on GitHub or RubyForge that demonstrate
> > freezing gems in a standard Ruby application.
> >

> How it is different from dr. Nic GemsOnRails project? I see only dr.
> Nic commits there...
>

> --
> Pozdrawiam
>
> Rados=B3aw Bu=B3at
> http://radarek... - m=F3j blog

Eric Hodel

On Mar 21, 2009, at 11:29, Peter Fitzgibbons wrote:

> This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the
> same
> gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.

How is this different than:

gem unpack gemname

Then adding the gemname-version/lib to $LOAD_PATH where appropriate.

Then checking in?