comp.lang.python

Unknown cause to error (new to python

Brandon Perry

1/16/2008 1:37:00 PM

Hi, I am having to compile a standalone version of python for the web
server I use (they don't allow access to /usr/bin/python). I posted
earlier about a GLib error, but I have fixed that now. I am very close
to getting this to work, but I am getting some weird errors.

File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/socket.py",
line 41, in ?
File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/httplib.py", line 71, in ?
File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/zurllib.py", line 4, in ?
File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/download_bt1.py", line 4, in ?
File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/btphptornado.py", line 15, in ?

I am using 2.2 for compatibility purposes.

Thanks, Brandon

4 Answers

Diez B. Roggisch

Brandon Perry wrote:

> Hi, I am having to compile a standalone version of python for the web
> server I use (they don't allow access to /usr/bin/python). I posted
> earlier about a GLib error, but I have fixed that now. I am very close
> to getting this to work, but I am getting some weird errors.
>
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/socket.py",
> line 41, in ?
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/httplib.py",
> line 71, in ? File
> "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/zurllib.py",
> line 4, in ? File
> "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/download_bt1.py",
> line 4, in ? File
> "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/btphptornado.py", line
> 15, in ?
>
> I am using 2.2 for compatibility purposes.

I don't see no error - is that all stacktrace you get?

Diez

Bruno Desthuilliers

Brandon Perry a écrit :
> Hi, I am having to compile a standalone version of python for the web
> server I use (they don't allow access to /usr/bin/python). I posted
> earlier about a GLib error, but I have fixed that now. I am very close
> to getting this to work, but I am getting some weird errors.
>
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/socket.py",
> line 41, in ?
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/httplib.py", line 71, in ?
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/zurllib.py", line 4, in ?
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/download_bt1.py", line 4, in ?
> File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/btphptornado.py", line 15, in ?

Sorry but my crystal ball is broken. Please post the *whole* traceback.

Brandon Perry

Sorry, this is all I can get. :-(

This isn't my webserver, so the only error logs I get are what they give
me. I guess I will just have to keep working at it.

Thanks for looking at it though, Brandon

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 15:12 +0100, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> Brandon Perry a écrit :
> > Hi, I am having to compile a standalone version of python for the web
> > server I use (they don't allow access to /usr/bin/python). I posted
> > earlier about a GLib error, but I have fixed that now. I am very close
> > to getting this to work, but I am getting some weird errors.
> >
> > File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/socket.py",
> > line 41, in ?
> > File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/python/lib/python2.2/httplib.py", line 71, in ?
> > File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/zurllib.py", line 4, in ?
> > File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/download_bt1.py", line 4, in ?
> > File "/home/vminds/public_html/torrents/TF_BitTornado/btphptornado.py", line 15, in ?
>
> Sorry but my crystal ball is broken. Please post the *whole* traceback.

Bruno Desthuilliers

Brandon Perry a écrit :
(top-post corrected)

>> On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 15:12 +0100, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>>> Brandon Perry a écrit :
(snip context)

>>> Sorry but my crystal ball is broken. Please post the *whole* traceback.
>>>

> Sorry, this is all I can get. :-(
>
> This isn't my webserver, so the only error logs I get are what they give
> me. I guess I will just have to keep working at it.

Then looks like you're in for hard time. Trying to solve a problem
without any relevant information is not rationaly possible. Perhaps you
should try voodoo ?

> Thanks for looking at it though, Brandon

Sorry, can't help much here.