OpenSSL symbol not found error

Tim Ferrell

3/19/2009 6:37:00 PM

I have compiled ruby-enterprise with a patch to address a compile issue
with openssl 0.9.8j (the patch works around duplicated method
declarations) and am getting this following error when running
capistrano:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
_EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cipher
Referenced from:
/usr/local/ruby-enterprise-1.8.6-20090201/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9.6.0/openssl.bundle
Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cipher
Referenced from:
/usr/local/ruby-enterprise-1.8.6-20090201/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9.6.0/openssl.bundle
Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

Can anyone shed some light on this? FWIW I can load openssl (i.e.
require 'openssl') without any difficulty.

Thanks,
Tim

topaz

On Jul 7, 7:44 am, marcuscp <phelanmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 9:00 pm, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:> On Jul 7, 4:43 am, Harry Potter <serenity_xan...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > There's no way The Beatles happened by chance...
> > errr...but they did, actually, when you think about it.
> > > The songs are perfection in a pure state(Heaven - Earth).
> > errrr.....no they're not, they're full of human imperfection, and the better for it. Perfection is boring, and purity is death. Now who said I wasn't deep?
> > Well said!
>
> errr.....no it wasn't, just hyperbole.
> Hey, it's great to love the Beatles, just don't bring the G word guy
> into it (G-d liked the R-----g S----s better anyway).

why are you so opposed to the G word? (as opposed to the G spot) :)

marcuscp

On Jul 9, 4:20 pm, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > errr...but they did, actually, when you think about it.
> > > errrr.....no they're not, they're full of human imperfection, and the better for it. Perfection is boring, and purity is death. Now who said I wasn't deep?
> > > Well said!
>
> > errr.....no it wasn't, just hyperbole.
> > Hey, it's great to love the Beatles, just don't bring the G word guy
> > into it (G-d liked the R-----g S----s better anyway).
>
> why are you so opposed to the G word? (as opposed to the G spot)    :)

Gee, I don't know.

topaz

On Jul 9, 2:46 am, marcuscp <phelanmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 4:20 pm, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > errr.....no it wasn't, just hyperbole.
> > > Hey, it's great to love the Beatles, just don't bring the G word guy
> > > into it (G-d liked the R-----g S----s better anyway).
>
> > why are you so opposed to the G word? (as opposed to the G spot)    :)
>
> Gee, I don't know.

You do have a good sense of humor! Thanks for making me laugh
G strings Ok with you? :)

from_me_to_you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b...