comp.lang.python

Retrieving info from DBUS at application startup

Frank Aune

1/15/2008 1:59:00 PM

Hello,

Detecting Hotpluggable hardware using DBUS works great, but usually
peripherals are already connected when launching the application. How can I
(preferably using DBUS) detect which USB printers for example are connected
to the system at application launch without engaging in some insane probing
activity?

Thanks,
Frank Aune
3 Answers

Stephen X. Carter

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 07:29:44 -0700 (PDT), Dave The Rave
<daves32054@safe-mail.net> wrote:

>On Jul 4, 12:52?pm, Jales <jales...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Some of them do play sometimes as solo artists.... Would they be the
>> last band of the setlist? Just wondering...
>
>Hyde Park with new guitarist Mick Taylor was a free benefit.

Not the same as a Charity Concert (which assumes that proceeds go to a
Charity). That was simply a free show.

As a band they have done one (!) - that was to benefit the victims of a
huge earthquake in the 70s in Nicuagua (sp) when Mick was married to
Bianca. Although all of them took part, only Mick got some sort of
award for his efforts - some resentment about that.

More loosely, Keith got sentenced to give a concert after his bust in
Toronto, and in fact all of them played at the show, although whether or
not it was a "Stones" concert is a moot point.

The band supported work by their London office boss in supporting a
Homeless Charity in the 80s - she put together a (really good)
compilation of specially recorded covers of 'Gimme Shelter', and the
band supported that with a recording,

Ronnie and Bill have a long history of putting time and effort into a
range of Charities (details on application).

Dunno about Keith (other than Live Aid) or Charlie.

Mick keeps a low profile on these things. The only Charity I'm aware of
him working with is Bletchley Park, although he has appeared at a number
of (UK) Prince's Trust shows as well, of course, at Live Aid.

For reasons that escape me the band declined a lot of pressure to appear
at Live Aid as a band.

--
steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

Jales

On 5 jul, 21:16, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

> For reasons that escape me the band declined a lot of pressure to appear
> at Live Aid as a band.

The same happened on the Concert For New York City, where only Mick
and Keith played. And even the classic lineup of Pink Floyd agreed to
play at Live Eight.

Crisstti

!