Directory within directorry??

Saurabh Peshkar

3/18/2009 6:23:00 AM

Hi All,

I want to create a directory, i used command:

Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2/public3")

but its not working. don't know the reason.
So i tried for:

Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1")
Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2")
Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2/public3")

and it worked.

Can the code be minimized?
Please suggest me, can the three lined code be made one lined?

Thanks
Saurabh

A to Z

"Michael" <mikey1111@verizon.net> wrote in message
> David in NYC wrote:
>> On Mar 15, 10:12 am, "A to Z"
>> <REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
>>> IF - since it's still unsettled, IF...
>>>

>> Holy shit! I thought this was a joke post. Then I see another thread
>> that they had a rehearsal with him today.
>>
>> I gotta pay $110 to watch a FUCKING AMATEUR play one of the most
>> significant instruments in the show?
>>
>> I don't care how good he is. He still hasn't played in arenas on a
>> regular basis. There's no way he's seasoned enough to handle
>> audibles, a thing Springsteen just wrote on his home page is a major
>> way he reconnects to a performance when he's lost it. Plus, he doesn'
>> t have the same musical references as the rest of the band, one of the
>> major things that makes the songs work.
>>
>> David on the back edge of the bandwagon prepared to leap off
>>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o...

none of which addresses David's somewhat overwrought, but still valid,
questions. There is a difference between guesting on one song and being the
full time (temp) drummer for the E Street Band, and all that entails

rawbylaw

On Mar 16, 6:00 pm, "A to Z"
<REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mikey1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > David in NYC wrote:
>
> >> Holy shit!  I thought this was a joke post.  Then I see another thread
> >> that they had a rehearsal with him today.
>
> >> I gotta pay $110 to watch a FUCKING AMATEUR play one of the most
> >> significant instruments in the show?
>
> >> I don't care how good he is. He still hasn't played in arenas on a
> >> regular basis.  There's no way he's seasoned enough to handle
> >> audibles, a thing Springsteen just wrote on his home page is a major
> >> way he reconnects to a performance when he's lost it.  Plus, he doesn'
> >> t have the same musical references as the rest of the band, one of the
> >> major things that makes the songs work.
>
> >> David on the back edge of the bandwagon prepared to leap off
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o...
>
> none of which addresses David's somewhat overwrought, but still valid,
> questions. There is a difference between guesting on one song and being the
> full time (temp) drummer for the E  Street Band, and all that entails- Hide quoted text -

hey, al jackson ain't available so, jay is a good as anyone else.
besides, he's got
listed as a friend on his myspace page a band called 'Drown the Swim
Team'.
that's gotta count for somethin'. i think this will be frekking great
or a disaster..a band
can overcome anything but bad drumming and good drumming can make any
band sound good.
i'm bettin great. i mean the kid looked like frackin Animal from
sesame street up there at thrashin away on born to run last year.

-jim

A to Z

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote in message

> hey, al jackson ain't available so, jay is a good as anyone else.

how about Wille Hall?

>besides, he's got
>listed as a friend on his myspace page a band called 'Drown the Swim
>Team'.
>that's gotta count for somethin'. i think this will be frekking great
>or a disaster..a band
>can overcome anything but bad drumming and good drumming can make any
>band sound good.
>i'm bettin great. i mean the kid looked like frackin Animal from
>sesame street up there at thrashin away on born to run last year.

-jim

rawbylaw

On Mar 16, 11:15 pm, "A to Z"
<REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
> "rawbylaw" <rawby...@aol.com> wrote in message

 hey, al jackson ain't available so, jay is a good as anyone else.

-how about Wille Hall?

if he'll accept the gig. after backin Black Moses it would be step
down of sorts.

-jim

> >besides, he's got
>
>  >listed as a friend on his myspace page a band called 'Drown the Swim>Team'.
> >that's gotta count for somethin'.  i think this will be frekking great
> >or a disaster..a band
> >can overcome anything but bad drumming and good drumming can make any
> >band sound good.
>
>  >i'm bettin great.  i mean the kid looked like frackin Animal from
>
> >sesame street up there at thrashin away on born to run last year.
>
> -jim

Steve

On Mar 16, 4:25 pm, David in NYC <dbillo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I gotta pay $110 to watch a FUCKING AMATEUR play one of the most
> significant instruments in the show?>>>>>>>>

You don't "gotta" pay for anything you don't wish to and the only way
you'd "gotta" pay to watch said "amateur" is if you are flying to
Europe with Postal......who said something about needing a shag
anyway. So maybe the two of you should "team up".

Steve S.

David in NYC

On Mar 17, 10:05 am, Steve <runte...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 4:25 pm, David in NYC <dbillo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I gotta pay $110 to watch a FUCKING AMATEUR play one of the most
> > significant instruments in the show?>>>>>>>>
>
> You don't "gotta" pay for anything you don't wish to and the only way
> you'd "gotta" pay to watch said "amateur" is if you are flying to
> Europe with Postal......who said something about needing a shag
> anyway. So maybe the two of you should "team up".
>
> Steve S.

I'm only shagging Postal if he has a nice ass.

A to Z

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote in message
On Mar 16, 11:15 pm, "A to Z"
<REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
> "rawbylaw" <rawby...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> hey, al jackson ain't available so, jay is a good as anyone else.

>> -how about Wille Hall?

> if he'll accept the gig. after backin Black Moses it would be step
>down of sorts.

-jim

------------------------

I'm thinking that Black Moses is able to jam with Al jackson now...

Ben Lazar

On Mar 16, 4:25 pm, David in NYC <dbillo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 10:12 am, "A to Z"
>
> <REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
> > IF - since it's still unsettled, IF...
>
> Holy shit!  I thought this was a joke post.  Then I see another thread
> that they had a rehearsal with him today.
>
> I gotta pay $110 to watch a FUCKING AMATEUR play one of the most
> significant instruments in the show?
>
> I don't care how good he is.

So if he absolutely nails it, that won't be enough for you?

rawbylaw

On Mar 17, 5:56 pm, "A to Z"
<REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
> "rawbylaw" <rawby...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 16, 11:15 pm, "A to Z"
>
> <REMOVETHESEaddietzC...@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote:
> > "rawbylaw" <rawby...@aol.com> wrote in message

 hey, al jackson ain't available so, jay is a good as anyone else.

-how about Wille Hall?
if he'll accept the gig. after backin Black Moses it would be step
down of sorts.

-jim

------------------------

I'm thinking that Black Moses is able to jam with Al jackson now...
-----------------------------
Is anybody alive out there!!?

-jim

Heesob Park

2009/3/18 Saurabh Peshkar <saurabh@cipher-tech.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to create a directory, i used command:
>
> Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2/public3")
>
> but its not working. don't know the reason.
> So i tried for:
>
> Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1")
> Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2")
> Dir.mkdir("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2/public3")
>
> and it worked.
>
> Can the code be minimized?
> Please suggest me, can the three lined code be made one lined?

require 'fileutils'
FileUtils.mkdir_p "#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/public1/public2/public3"

Regards,

Park Heesob