PostgreSQL Dump

Saravanan Krishnan

3/17/2009 11:34:00 AM

Hi all,

I'm using following command to take dump from my sql database.

pg_dump -h localhost -U postgres dbname > dump.sql

Whenever i trying to run this command in command prompt, it always
asking password.

Here my query is,

if i write this command in a separate ruby file how can i give password
in that command.

in my sql, we can use
mysqldump -h #{host} -u #{user} -p#{pwd} dbname > dump.sql
if use like that it wont ask password anymore. but how is it possible in
postgres.

Thanks in Advance
Saravanan K

Saravanan Krishnan

Saravanan Krishnan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using following command to take dump from my sql database.
>
> pg_dump -h localhost -U postgres dbname > dump.sql
>
> Whenever i trying to run this command in command prompt, it always
> asking password.
>
> Here my query is,
>
> if i write this command in a separate ruby file how can i give password
> in that command.
>
> in my sql, we can use
> mysqldump -h #{host} -u #{user} -p#{pwd} dbname > dump.sql
> if use like that it wont ask password anymore. but how is it possible in
> postgres.
>

> Thanks in Advance
> Saravanan K

Hi folks,,