comp.lang.python

[ANN] pylint 0.14 / logilab-astng 0.17.2

Sylvain Thénault

1/14/2008 1:59:00 PM

Hi there!

I'm pleased to announce a new release of pylint [1] and logilab-astng
[2]. I haven't personally found a lot of time to work on those projects
since the latest releases but others contributors have and so I decided
to publish releases including various contributions and other minor bug
or crash fixes (some of which were pending for a while now). You're
greatly encouraged to upgrade, see projects'changelog for more
information about what changed.

[1] http://www.logilab.org/proje...
[2] http://www.logilab.org/projects/log...

Many thanks to every people who contributed!

regards,
--
Sylvain Thénault LOGILAB, Paris (France)
Formations Python, Zope, Plone, Debian: http://www.logilab.fr/...

6 Answers

Ben Finney

Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault@logilab.fr> writes:

> I'm pleased to announce a new release of pylint [1] and logilab-astng
> [2]. I haven't personally found a lot of time to work on those projects
> since the latest releases but others contributors have and so I decided
> to publish releases including various contributions and other minor bug
> or crash fixes (some of which were pending for a while now). You're
> greatly encouraged to upgrade, see projects'changelog for more
> information about what changed.

Thanks very much for this.

Can you please give an overview of the major user-visible changes?
That will help in convincing people to upgrade.

--
\ "Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which |
`\ have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common |

red talon

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:35:22 +1100, Ben Finney
<bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

>Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault@logilab.fr> writes:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce a new release of pylint [1] and logilab-astng
>> [2]. I haven't personally found a lot of time to work on those projects
>> since the latest releases but others contributors have and so I decided
>> to publish releases including various contributions and other minor bug
>> or crash fixes (some of which were pending for a while now). You're
>> greatly encouraged to upgrade, see projects'changelog for more
>> information about what changed.
>
>Thanks very much for this.
>
>Can you please give an overview of the major user-visible changes?
>That will help in convincing people to upgrade.

The change log has this:

2008-01-14 -- 0.14.0
* fix #3733: Messages (dis)appear depending on order of file names
* fix #4026: pylint.el should require compile
* fix a bug in colorized reporter, spotted by Dave Borowitz
* applied patch from Stefan Rank to avoid W0410 false positive
when multiple "from __future__" import statements
* implement #4012: flag back tick as deprecated (new W0333
message)
* new ignored-class option on typecheck checker allowing to skip
members checking based on class name (patch provided by Thomas W Barr)

More important for me was the fix for the 'with' statement crash in
logilab-astng-0.17.2

2008-01-14 -- 0.17.2
* "with" statement support, patch provided by Brian Hawthorne
* fixed recursion arguments in nodes_of_class method as notified
by Dave Borowitz
* new InstanceMethod node introduced to wrap bound method (eg
Function node), patch provided by Dave Borowitz
--
RT

Patrick1765

On Mar 14, 10:55?pm, rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
> ?What's the point? Bush is gone from office.
> -----------------------------------
> ?because, as yet, he hasn't been tied naked, covered in yak piss and
> had
> african fire ants set upon to feast on his inards, thus delivering him
> to a fate of eternal burning damnation.

And he won't be either.

rawbylaw

On Mar 14, 11:16 pm, Patrick1...@aol.com wrote:
> On Mar 14, 10:55 pm, rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > What's the point? Bush is gone from office.
> > -----------------------------------
> > because, as yet, he hasn't been tied naked, covered in yak piss and
> > had
> > african fire ants set upon to feast on his inards, thus delivering him
> > to a fate of eternal burning damnation.
>
> And he won't be either.

well, if not, it's clinton's fault.

-jim

Denise

On Mar 14, 11:34?pm, "Bluetele" <Bluet...@verizon.net> wrote:
> <Patrick1...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 14, 10:55 pm, rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > What's the point? Bush is gone from office.
> > -----------------------------------
> > because, as yet, he hasn't been tied naked, covered in yak piss and
> > had
> > african fire ants set upon to feast on his inards, thus delivering him
> > to a fate of eternal burning damnation.
>
> >And he won't be either.
>
> You see, that's the kind of thing that turned me into an atheist...

Well... if you'd ever take your ass west of the Mississippi...

KmericaNYC

On Mar 14, 11:16 pm, Patrick1...@aol.com wrote:

> > because, as yet, he hasn't been tied naked, covered in yak piss and
> > had
> > african fire ants set upon to feast on his inards, thus delivering him
> > to a fate of eternal burning damnation.
>
> And he won't be either.

And Patrick KNOWS who is going to suffer eternal burning damnation:
fags and Jews. Right Patrick?