aquiring repo with svn

John Maclean

3/13/2009 11:25:00 AM

git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/...

Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
data? I normally log in via ftp and hunt for the latest
ruby-version.tar.gz. :-(

--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT

5 Answers

lasitha

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, john maclean <jayeola@gmail.com> wrote:
> git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/...
>
> Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
> data?

http://tinyurl....

solidarity,
lasitha.

John Maclean

2009/3/13 lasitha <lasitha.ranatunga@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, john maclean <jayeola@gmail.com> wrote:
>> git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/...
>>
>> Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
>> data?
>
> http://tinyurl....
>
> solidarity,
> lasitha.

git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/... ruby
--revision 22900:22936

--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT

Juan Zanos

What's checked in that makes it so fat?

On 13 mars 09, at 07:25, john maclean wrote:

> git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/...
>
> Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
> data? I normally log in via ftp and hunt for the latest
> ruby-version.tar.gz. :-(
>
> --
> John Maclean
> 07739 171 531
> MSc (DIC)
>
> Timezone: GMT

John Maclean

2009/3/13 Juan Zanos <juan_zanos@talkhouse.com>:
> What's checked in that makes it so fat?
>
> On 13 mars 09, at 07:25, john maclean wrote:
>
>> git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/...
>>
>> Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
>> data? I normally log in via ftp and hunt for the latest
>> ruby-version.tar.gz. :-(
>>
>> --
>> John Maclean
>> 07739 171 531
>> MSc (DIC)
>>
>> Timezone: GMT

pwd
/home/jayeola/proj/build/ruby/trunk
du -sch .
79M .
79M total

I'm happy with that!
--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT

Juan Zanos

On 13 mars 09, at 12:19, john maclean wrote:

> 2009/3/13 Juan Zanos <juan_zanos@talkhouse.com>:
>> What's checked in that makes it so fat?
>>
>> On 13 mars 09, at 07:25, john maclean wrote:
>>
>>> git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby...
>>> ruby_1_9_1
>>>
>>> Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller
>>> amount of
>>> data? I normally log in via ftp and hunt for the latest
>>> ruby-version.tar.gz. :-(
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Maclean
>>> 07739 171 531
>>> MSc (DIC)
>>>
>>> Timezone: GMT
>>>

> pwd
> /home/jayeola/proj/build/ruby/trunk
> du -sch .
> 79M .
> 79M total
>
> I'm happy with that!
> --
> John Maclean
> 07739 171 531
> MSc (DIC)
>
> Timezone: GMT

That isn't the whole repository though. Perhaps something really
big was checked in and then removed.