Difference between erb and eruby, etc...

Xeno Campanoli

3/12/2009 6:21:00 PM

I got some questions about this:

1. Is there a good long term reason for there being an eruby and an erb?
2. In Rails, I get to use the -%> construct, but not in my .rhtml files...???
3. Are there other advantages to eruby or erb over their alternate?
--
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
"...Or I might add, because they are denied" - Dr. Albert A. Bartlett

2 Answers

Gott Lieb?

This is correct. WMS made the stops a fraction longer w/ WPC games.
The plungers between WPC and Sys11 are the same length. The link for
Sys11 is tapered and actually a fraction thinner. If you change the
crank with the plunger and link, then it won't really matter.

Jim

On Feb 7, 12:36 pm, "seymour.shabow" <seymour.sha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought that too but it's the stops that are different, the link is
> tapered on the early style ones so you can use the compression spring in
> the mech; you can use either plunger/link in the extension spring type
> mechs.
>
> -scott CARGPB#29

bigehrl

i have both style plungers in front of me, fully extended, and they
are identical.. i even used a specially calibrated measuring device,
known as a tape measure, and they are EXACTLY the same length.. i was
told awhile ago that they changed the plastic for 2 reasons... one to
better fit the newer extension-style springs, and secondly, to beef up
the commonly breaking plastic link...

-jon