Generate pdf file with password protected.

Prabu Jayaraman

I have small requirement to generate the pdf files with password
protected. For that I have created pdf file using FPDF library. but i am
unable to create a pdf
file with password protected.

kindly help me.

Regards,

Prabu J

Gregory Brown

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Prabu Jayaraman <jprabu2010@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have small requirement to generate the pdf files with password
> protected. For that I have created pdf file using FPDF library. but i am
> unable to create a pdf
> file with password protected.

You should really consider using Prawn instead of FPDF, even though it
also does not support this feature.

I am still waiting for someone to create a prawn-crypt (or
prawn-secure) extension, but so far all people do is ask for this
feature rather than work on it. It's not a need of mine.

-greg

-lim-

> but i am unable to create a pdf file with password protected.

If everything else fails, you could run pdftk over the pdf on disk.

Robin Miller

Obveeus wrote:

> On 7/24/2014 12:07 PM, David wrote:
>> http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum/topic/wednes...
>
>> 9:30 p.m.
>
>> CBS ? Extant
>> Viewers: 6.58 million (#2), A18-49: 1.1/ 4 (#2)
>
> The ratings for EXTANT are really starting to drop. They'd better hope
> that this is the low point.

CBS cannot be happy. I want to say that these are lower than Under the
Dome's ratings, but maybe they're about the same.

--Robin

David

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:05:52 -0400, Robin Miller
<robin_miller@invalid.com> wrote:

>Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 7/24/2014 12:07 PM, David wrote:
>>> http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum/topic/wednes...
>>
>>> 9:30 p.m.
>>
>>> CBS ? Extant
>>> Viewers: 6.58 million (#2), A18-49: 1.1/ 4 (#2)
>>
>> The ratings for EXTANT are really starting to drop. They'd better hope
>> that this is the low point.
>

>CBS cannot be happy. I want to say that these are lower than Under the
>Dome's ratings, but maybe they're about the same.

CBS says both are profitable before they even air
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-summer-of-svod-inside-amazon-deal-for-under-the-dome-extant-1...

Obveeus

On 7/24/2014 3:12 PM, David wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:05:52 -0400, Robin Miller
> <robin_miller@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Obveeus wrote:

>>> The ratings for EXTANT are really starting to drop. They'd better hope
>>> that this is the low point.
>>

>> CBS cannot be happy. I want to say that these are lower than Under the
>> Dome's ratings, but maybe they're about the same.
>
> CBS says both are profitable before they even air
> http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-summer-of-svod-inside-amazon-deal-for-under-the-dome-extant-1...

Going by the claim that Amazon pays $900,000 per episode, the only way
that *guarantees* a profit is if the production/promotion cost is so low
that sponsors are guaranteed to be covering the rest of the production
costs no matter how low ratings are. So, since ratings can go to ZERO
(or advertisers can all pull out), the production/promotion cost must be
under $900,000 per episode. I don't believe that to be the case. More
likely, it is on the order of $3million per episode. I guess they made
up the rest of the costs with presold international rights?

David

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:33:18 -0400, Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>On 7/24/2014 3:12 PM, David wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:05:52 -0400, Robin Miller
>> <robin_miller@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> CBS cannot be happy. I want to say that these are lower than Under the
>>> Dome's ratings, but maybe they're about the same.
>>
>> CBS says both are profitable before they even air
>> http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-summer-of-svod-inside-amazon-deal-for-under-the-dome-extant-1...
>
>Going by the claim that Amazon pays $900,000 per episode, the only way
>that *guarantees* a profit is if the production/promotion cost is so low
>that sponsors are guaranteed to be covering the rest of the production
>costs no matter how low ratings are. So, since ratings can go to ZERO
>(or advertisers can all pull out), the production/promotion cost must be
>under $900,000 per episode. I don't believe that to be the case. More
>likely, it is on the order of $3million per episode. I guess they made
>up the rest of the costs with presold international rights?

Yes, they mention Amazon and international rights.