How to read a charecters from and image?

rails and rails only

3/12/2009 10:10:00 AM

hi,

How to read a letters in one image. I want to read the alphabets
from that given image.

Please help me to solve this issue...

jose javier parra sanchez

I do not see the relation with ruby, anyway, you need an OCR app or
library. Most are simple toys that don't work. Unless the text is of
good quality with a white background most fail.

2009/3/12 rails and rails only <mjayakumar2k6@yahoo.com>:

> hi,
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 How to read a letters in one image. I want to read the alphab=
ets
> from that given image.
>
> Please help me to solve this issue...

pjb

rails and rails only <mjayakumar2k6@yahoo.com> writes:
> How to read a letters in one image. I want to read the alphabets
> from that given image.
>
> Please help me to solve this issue...

Basically, you have two situations.

1- the characters in the image are generated from an identified computer font.

You can then easily try to match each character in the font, pixel per pixel.

2- otherwise, you will have to use some OCR algorithm to recognize the
character. Something that works well enough if there's noise is
neural-networks.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__

Redd Vinylene

Stop that! He's probably looking to crack CAPTCHAs.

--
http://www.home.no/re...

Redd Vinylene

Fuck, now this thread is gonna pop up every time some kiddie Googles how to
crack CAPTCHAs. Maybe the list admins could intervene?

--
http://www.home.no/re...

rails and rails only

Redd Vinylene wrote:
> Fuck, now this thread is gonna pop up every time some kiddie Googles how
> crack CAPTCHAs. Maybe the list admins could intervene?

http://ajaxonrails.wordpress.com/2006/10/24/captcha-in-ruby-on-rails-customize-the-use-of-captcha-in-the-plugin-validate...

go through this link....

i have some images with alphabets can read from that????

Eleanor McHugh

On 12 Mar 2009, at 10:34, Redd Vinylene wrote:
> Fuck, now this thread is gonna pop up every time some kiddie Googles
> how to
> crack CAPTCHAs. Maybe the list admins could intervene?

So what? This is a non-trivial problem and no script kiddie is likely
to solve it anytime soon, whether in Ruby or in another language.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-...
----

Robert Dober

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Eleanor McHugh
<eleanor@games-with-brains.com> wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2009, at 10:34, Redd Vinylene wrote:
>>
>> Fuck, now this thread is gonna pop up every time some kiddie Googles how
>> crack CAPTCHAs. Maybe the list admins could intervene?
>
> So what? This is a non-trivial problem and no script kiddie is likely to
> solve it anytime soon, whether in Ruby or in another language.

It is however trivial compared to the task of keeping living languages
from degradation :(

Robert

Eleanor McHugh

On 12 Mar 2009, at 13:17, Robert Dober wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Eleanor McHugh
> <eleanor@games-with-brains.com> wrote:
>> On 12 Mar 2009, at 10:34, Redd Vinylene wrote:
>>>
>>> Fuck, now this thread is gonna pop up every time some kiddie
>>> Googles how
>>> crack CAPTCHAs. Maybe the list admins could intervene?
>>
>> So what? This is a non-trivial problem and no script kiddie is
>> likely to
>> solve it anytime soon, whether in Ruby or in another language.
>>
> It is however trivial compared to the task of keeping living languages
> from degradation :(

All your language are belong to us >;p

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-...
----

Robert Dober

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, F. Senault <fred@lacave.net> wrote:
> Le 13 mars =E0 11:16, Robert Dober a =E9crit :
>
> This being said, we're way off topic, here.

Sure but I think this was valuable information for na=EFve folks like me, t=
hanx!
--=20
There are some people who begin the Zoo at the beginning, called
WAYIN, and walk as quickly as they can past every cage until they get
to the one called WAYOUT, but the nicest people go straight to the
animal they love the most, and stay there. ~ A.A. Milne (from
Winnie-the-Pooh)

Jeff Schwab

Eleanor McHugh wrote:

> raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason

Argument doesn't help. I know, I've tried. :)