comp.lang.python

SQLObject 0.10.0b1

Oleg Broytman

1/11/2008 3:24:00 PM

Hello!

I'm pleased to announce the 0.10.0b1, the first beta release of a new
SQLObject branch, 0.10.

What is SQLObject
=================

SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described
as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be
easy to use and quick to get started with.

SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and
Firebird. It also has newly added support for Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also
known as SAPDB).

Where is SQLObject

Archives:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python...

Download:
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/SQLObjec...

News and changes:
http://sql.../News.html

What's New
==========

Features & Interface
--------------------

* Dropped support for Python 2.2. The minimal version of Python for
SQLObject is 2.3 now.

* Removed actively deprecated attributes;
lowered deprecation level for other attributes to be removed after 0.10.

* SQLBuilder Select supports the rest of SelectResults options (reversed,
distinct, joins, etc.)

* SQLObject.select() (i.e., SelectResults) and DBConnection.queryForSelect()
use SQLBuilder Select queries; this make all SELECTs implemented
internally via a single mechanism.

* SQLBuilder Joins handle SQLExpression tables (not just str/SQLObject/Alias)
and properly sqlrepr.

* SQLBuilder tablesUsedDict handles sqlrepr'able objects.

* Added SQLBuilder ImportProxy. It allows one to ignore the circular import
issues with referring to SQLObject classes in other files - it uses the
classregistry as the string class names for FK/Joins do, but specifically
intended for SQLBuilder expressions. See
tests/test_sqlbuilder_importproxy.py.

* Added SelectResults.throughTo. It allows one to traverse relationships
(FK/Join) via SQL, avoiding the intermediate objects. Additionally, it's
a simple mechanism for pre-caching/eager-loading of later FK
relationships (i.e., going to loop over a select of somePeople and ask
for aPerson.group, first call list(somePeople.throughTo.group) to preload
those related groups and use 2 db queries instead of N+1). See
tests/test_select_through.py.

* Added ViewSQLObject.

* Added sqlmeta.getColumns() to get all the columns for a class (including
parent classes), excluding the column 'childName' and including the column
'id'. sqlmeta.asDict() now uses getColumns(), so there is no need to
override it in the inheritable sqlmeta class; this makes asDict() to work
properly on inheritable sqlobjects.

* Changed the implementation type in BoolCol under SQLite from TINYINT to
BOOLEAN and made fromDatabase machinery to recognize it.

* Added rich comparison methods; SQLObjects of the same class are
considered equal is they have the same id; other methods return
NotImplemented.

* MySQLConnection (and DB URI) accept a number of SSL-related parameters:
ssl_key, ssl_cert, ssl_ca, ssl_capath.

For a more complete list, please see the news:
http://sql.../News.html

Oleg.
--
Oleg Broytmann http://... phd@phd.pp.ru

Thanatos

In article <g2e0t9hu1djjn41vi448cg8of3c9rfcc3b@4ax.com>,
Tom Benton <oscbenton1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:41:19 -0400, thinbluemime2
> <thinbluemime2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >You Are Being Watched - No-Fly Watch-List Leak
> >

> >Greenwald?s the Intercept reveals how government creates no-fly list
> >Elias Isquith Wednesday, Jul 23, 2014
> >http://www.salon.com/2014/07/23/greenwalds_the_intercept_reveals_ho...
> >nt_creates_no_fly_list/
> >

> >According to a major new report by Jeremy Scahill and Ryan Devereaux at
> >the Intercept, the rules determining how the government decides to place
> >someone on its infamously expansive no-fly list are now available to the
> >public for the very first time, after a source in the intelligence
> >community provided the outlet with a previously secret 2013 report.
> >
> >But despite the significance of being placed on the no-fly list ? which
> >allows government to request all kinds of information without a warrant ?
> >the Intercept finds that the guidelines spelled out in the 2013 report are
> >extremely loose, giving officials so much discretion that the system,
> >according to Scahill, ?makes a mockery of the idea of due process.?
> >
> >Produced after receiving input from no less than 19 government agencies ?
> >the CIA, Pentagon, NSA and FBI among them ? the report, which is
> >technically unclassified but nevertheless has been closely guarded by
> >Washington, does not require officials to provide ?concrete facts? or
> >?irrefutable evidence? in order to place someone on the list.
> >
> >In fact, the rules for putting someone on the list are so weak that it?s
> >acceptable for entire ?categories? of people to be considered threats at a
> >White House official?s choosing.
> >

> >http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1227228/2013-watchlist-gu...
>

> As I understand, once you are on, trying to get off is a real bitch.

Unless you're Ted Kennedy. When he was mistakenly added to list, the
government fell all over itself in its haste to correct the error.