Does Darkfish-Rdoc work properly?

Iñaki Baz Castillo

3/2/2009 11:05:00 PM

Hi, I've installed "rdoc" via gem and got surprised since the downloades=20
version in Darkfish-Rdoc:
http://deveiate.org/projects/Dark...

I'm not sure if Darkfish-Rdoc is the continuation of RDoc or a fork/version=
(I=20
expected it was a version due to the project description).

The version installed is rdoc 2.4.1.

When I run "rdoc" in a simple directory with just 3 files, I get a big ammo=
unt=20
of doc directories (obviously something is wrong) like:

my_project/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc..

containing files with name:

MyClass_html_html_html_html_html_html.html

and so on.

Could somebody clarify me on it?

Thanks a lot.
=20
=2D-=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo

3 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Mar 2, 2009, at 15:04, I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote:

> Hi, I've installed "rdoc" via gem and got surprised since the =20
> downloades
> version in Darkfish-Rdoc:
> http://deveiate.org/projects/Dark...
>
> I'm not sure if Darkfish-Rdoc is the continuation of RDoc or a fork/=20=

> version (I
> expected it was a version due to the project description).

It is a generator.

> The version installed is rdoc 2.4.1.

This version contains the latest Darkfish as of today.

> When I run "rdoc" in a simple directory with just 3 files, I get a =20
> big ammount
> of doc directories (obviously something is wrong) like:
>
> my_project/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc/doc..
>
> containing files with name:
>
> MyClass_html_html_html_html_html_html.html
>
> and so on.
>
> Could somebody clarify me on it?

Don't run rdoc against it's output directory.

If your project uses hoe, `rake docs` will do the right thing.=

Iñaki Baz Castillo

El Martes, 3 de Marzo de 2009, Eric Hodel escribi=F3:

> Don't run rdoc against it's output directory.

True, thanks. But I wonder why using RDoc V1.0.1 - 20041108 I can run "rdoc=
"=20
command from the sources directory (so it generates "doc" directory). Anywa=
y=20
I understand that I shouldn't do it.

Thanks a lot.

=2D-=20
I=F1aki Baz Castillo

Ryan Davis

On Mar 2, 2009, at 16:00 , I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Martes, 3 de Marzo de 2009, Eric Hodel escribi=F3:
>
>> Don't run rdoc against it's output directory.
>
> True, thanks. But I wonder why using RDoc V1.0.1 - 20041108 I can =20
> run "rdoc"
> command from the sources directory (so it generates "doc" =20
> directory). Anyway
> I understand that I shouldn't do it.

most ppl generate rdoc via their rakefile and that includes a "clean" =20=

dependency that is met before the rdoc generates. If you use hoe you =20
get this for free.