comp.lang.python

Noob question

Rock

1/6/2008 11:00:00 PM

Tinkering with Python I find myself often writing scripts and then
experimenting with the interactive interpreter, which is really a cool
way to learn a language. However, when, after loading a module with

import <module>

or

from module import *

and using it, I make a change to the module file, the changes are not
effective after re-importing that same module, and I have to exit the
interpreter and restart all over. Isn't there some way to avoid this
annoying process?

Thank you.
6 Answers

GHZ

Had the same issue. What you want is: reload()

Rock

On Jan 7, 12:09 am, GHZ <geraint.willi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Had the same issue. What you want is: reload()

Thanks :)

j.gemmell

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 22:30:27 -0500, j.gemmell@ymail.com wrote:
Correction:
>I think that is what all prophets and servants have to struggle with
>when they try to manifest the power of God in their affairs, because
>of this inclination to thing that one cannot receive of the Lord
>because [one] is waving is the root of the problem I think. If we just
>learn to remove our fears of not being heard, and learn to keep the
>positive mind set that God does and will answer us positively if we
>just let go of fears and keep focus in our confidence in his greatness
>to help us, then we will begin to have a good and steady streak of
>good fortune when many things start to multiply in our favor. And it
>will boost our encouragement and start our unmoveable foundation.

j.gemmell

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 22:30:27 -0500, j.gemmell@ymail.com wrote:
Correction:
>Anyway, Peter had almost 2000 years and still he has not succeed to
>build a unmoveable foundation of the kingdom of God, and he was reduce
>to be a ministering messenger. And Noah took 120 years to preach to
>the world, without any success. And Moses was 80 years old before he
>was ready to lead the tribes of Israel, and still after wondering the
>deserts for forty years Moses failed to lead them to the promise land.
>So, why are Aaron and Art so troubled about your success? You have
>not spent 120 years like Noah preaching; have you? You haven't spent
>120 years like Moses, and then failed to enter the promise land; have
>you? And you accept Peter as a prophet, yet Peter has had almost 2000
>years ministering to this world, and still has not had the success
>that he wanted. So, why should you or Art be discouraged so early? I
>think that the reason why there has been no success is because we are
>still waiting for the Great Tribulation to start, but once it started,
>then will come the time in which we cannot rely upon the oil of
>another person, but we will need to rely upon our own lamps for
>guidance. Our lamps will be the light that guide us, and keep us
>alive until the middle of the Great Tribulation, wherein we will find
>hope in the [ministerr] of the Two Witnesses. <X><

j.gemmell

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 22:39:24 -0500, j.gemmell@ymail.com wrote:

>Correction:
>>Anyway, Peter had almost 2000 years and still he has not succeed to
>>build a unmoveable foundation of the kingdom of God, and he was reduce
>>to be a ministering messenger. And Noah took 120 years to preach to
>>the world, without any success. And Moses was 80 years old before he
>>was ready to lead the tribes of Israel, and still after wondering the
>>deserts for forty years Moses failed to lead them to the promise land.
>>So, why are Aaron and Art so troubled about your success? You have
>>not spent 120 years like Noah preaching; have you? You haven't spent
>>120 years like Moses, and then failed to enter the promise land; have
>>you? And you accept Peter as a prophet, yet Peter has had almost 2000
>>years ministering to this world, and still has not had the success
>>that he wanted. So, why should you or Art be discouraged so early? I
>>think that the reason why there has been no success is because we are
>>still waiting for the Great Tribulation to start, but once it started,
>>then will come the time in which we cannot rely upon the oil of
>>another person, but we will need to rely upon our own lamps for
>>guidance. Our lamps will be the light that guide us, and keep us
>>alive until the middle of the Great Tribulation, wherein we will find
>>hope in the [ministry] of the Two Witnesses. <X><

j.gemmell

On Fri, 04 Oct 2013 21:13:09 -0500, j.gemmell@ymail.com wrote:
Correction:
>I am not a drinker, but sometimes when I am lost for words, my mind
>becomes stupor - but I know that it is only God telling me that I
>should stop. Know that my mind is now stupor, because the Lord want
>me to stop trying to uplift your spirit and leave you alone, because
>the Lord knows that there is nothing I can do to make you have a
>better attitude about life. Only you can pray to God for peace of
>mind, only you can choose not to become bitter inside. I can only
>show you the right way, but you must choose the right way you will
>walk. The right way to walk is to love one another, for only the
>Devil teaches us to hate one another. Satan teaches hate, and [his] most
>valuable weapon is the small wedge of discouragement, once [he] gets
>inside of you, it can open the doors to everything that is evil.
>(Ephesians 4:26-27) [If ye must be angry, then] "Be ye angry
>[without] sin: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give
>place to the devil." "For Satan desires to have you [Aaron], that he may sift
>you as wheat. Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in
>[Christ's] name [that you may overcome Satan temptations to sin." (3
>Ne 18:18)

Speaking evil of Art Bulla is a transgression, and bearing false
testimony about Art Bulla is a sin.