comp.lang.python

TextWrangler and new Python version (Mac

cf29

1/4/2008 11:34:00 PM

I installed Python 2.5 on my Mac (OS X Tiger). When running scripts
with the TextWrangler Run command it is using the system installed
version of Python (2.3). If I run the scripts with the Apple Terminal
it uses the new version (2.5).

Is there any way to ask TextWrangler to use the new version of Python?

2 Answers

MrJean1

On Jan 4, 3:33 pm, cf29 <fcharlypil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed Python 2.5 on my Mac (OS X Tiger). When running scripts
> with the TextWrangler Run command it is using the system installed
> version of Python (2.3). If I run the scripts with the Apple Terminal
> it uses the new version (2.5).
>
> Is there any way to ask TextWrangler to use the new version of Python?

Chapter 12 of the TextWrangler User Manual under "Unix Scripting:
Perl, Python, Ruby, Shells and More" has several paragraphs on this
very issue.

/Jean Brouwers

cf29

Thank you Jean, I could fix this problem. Creating the symbolic link
wasn't really obvious though.

They also say about the documentation:
*Extract the documentation files, and place them in some suitable
location, e.g.
~/Library/Python-Docs
*Edit your "environment.plist" file, and create an environment
variable
PYTHONDOCS to the location of the folder which contains the Python
documentation.

Is that the html version of the Python documentation?
Do you know more about this "environment.plist" file?
Where is it supposed to be? I didn't find any.