comp.lang.python

opensg or openscenegraph

TOCA

I need to use a scengraph for my python/opengl application
but I have trouble finding out which one I should use.

opensg or openscenegraph (OSG) ?

I suppose the quality of the python bindings will make the decision.

any advice ?

thanks

yomgui
2 Answers

serilanimi

On Jan 4, 3:08 pm, yomgui <n...@valid.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use a scengraph for my python/opengl application
> but I have trouble finding out which one I should use.
>
> opensg or openscenegraph (OSG) ?
>
> I suppose the quality of the python bindings will make the decision.
>
> any advice ?
>
> thanks
>
> yomgui

Hi yomgui,

I am considering either of these as well for writing a simulation
game.
The Python Bindings I have found to date are:

For OpenSG:
https://realityforge.vrsource.org/tra...

For OSG (there seems to be several variations of these):
http://code.astraw.com/proj...

I suppose you could also use something like Py++ to create your own.

I too, am having a hard time deciding. I was leaning towards
OpenSceneGraph because it seems to be better supported.

If you make a decision, please let me know which one you decided on
and your reasons.

Regards,

serilanimi

Roman Yakovenko

On Jan 11, 2008 10:01 PM, <serilanimi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 4, 3:08pm, yomgui <n...@valid.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to use a scengraph for my python/opengl application
> > but I have trouble finding out which one I should use.
> >
> > opensg or openscenegraph (OSG) ?
> >
> > I suppose the quality of the python bindings will make the decision.
> >
> > any advice ?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > yomgui
>
> Hi yomgui,
>
> I am considering either of these as well for writing a simulation
> game.
> The Python Bindings I have found to date are:
>
> For OpenSG:
> https://realityforge.vrsource.org/tra...
>
> For OSG (there seems to be several variations of these):
> http://code.astraw.com/proj...
>
> I suppose you could also use something like Py++ to create your own.

PyOpenSG uses Py++ too :-)

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding