comp.lang.python

py2exe command prompt whenr run

SMALLp

1/3/2008 11:27:00 PM

HY!

I'm using py2exe to port my applications on windows so user won't have
to install python and other dependencies. Everything works file except
when i run any of programs it star's command prompt before program starts.

How can i avoid this to happen, and is there any other way of porting my
applications on windows?

Thanks!
1 Answer

Fredrik Lundh

SMALLp wrote:
> I'm using py2exe to port my applications on windows so user won't have
> to install python and other dependencies. Everything works file except
> when i run any of programs it star's command prompt before program starts.
>
> How can i avoid this to happen

use windows= instead of console= in your setup script. or pass in the
corresponding option to the setup.py command; see e.g.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-December/2...

</F>