comp.lang.python

Cloning Environments

Tennis

I have several machines running Linux (mostly fedora6) and Windows
(mostly XP). I'm thinking of using easy_install to create as uniform
an environment as possible for all of them. Cloning the environment,
to put it another way.

Is there a good example somewhere showing how to do this? I'm new to
easy_install and relatively new to python.

TIA,
-T
2 Answers

Diez B. Roggisch

gamename wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several machines running Linux (mostly fedora6) and Windows
> (mostly XP). I'm thinking of using easy_install to create as uniform
> an environment as possible for all of them. Cloning the environment,
> to put it another way.
>
> Is there a good example somewhere showing how to do this? I'm new to
> easy_install and relatively new to python.

You might be interested in workingenv.py/virtualenv.py

Diez

Tennis

> You might be interested in workingenv.py/virtualenv.py

Thanks! That looks promising.
-T