comp.lang.python

dbus-python for windows

est

1/2/2008 12:38:00 PM

Hi all

I am trying to port Scribes to Windows, but I could not find a package
named dbus-python for windows. There is a windbus <http://
sourceforge.net/projects/windbus/> but it not for Python, so how could
I install dbus module for Windows Python 2.5 ?

ps Is there anyone trying to port Scribes to Windows?
4 Answers

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

-On [20080102 13:41], est (electronixtar@gmail.com) wrote:
>I am trying to port Scribes to Windows, but I could not find a package
>named dbus-python for windows. There is a windbus <http://
>sourceforge.net/projects/windbus/> but it not for Python, so how could
>I install dbus module for Windows Python 2.5 ?

Well, I assume using the source from
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/db... and trying to build it
fails on Windows? (I readily admit I have little clue how much of dbus is
platform-specific.)

ã?¤ã?§ã?«ã?¼ã?³ ã?©ã?¦ã??ã?­ã??ã?¯ ã?´ã?¡ã?³ ã??ã?« ã?¦ã?§ã?«ã?´ã?§ã?³
http://www.in-n... | http://www.ra...
Resolve to find thyself; and to know that he who finds himself, loses
his misery...

est

I am not going to compile anything like that :) and I only need
Windows library for dbus-python

ps Windows source code is here https://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wind...

On Jan 2, 8:44 pm, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmo...@in-
nomine.org> wrote:
> -On [20080102 13:41], est (electronix...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> >I am trying to port Scribes to Windows, but I could not find a package
> >named dbus-python for windows. There is a windbus <http://
> >sourceforge.net/projects/windbus/> but it not for Python, so how could
> >I install dbus module for Windows Python 2.5 ?
>
> Well, I assume using the source fromhttp://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-... trying to build it
> fails on Windows? (I readily admit I have little clue how much of dbus is
> platform-specific.)
>
> --
> Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(-at-)in-nomine.org> / asmodai
> ????? ?????? ??? ?? ??????http://www.in-n...|http://www.ra...
> Resolve to find thyself; and to know that he who finds himself, loses
> his misery...

Suraj Barkale

est <electronixtar <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to port Scribes to Windows,

Hi there like minded fellow

> sourceforge.net/projects/windbus/â?¥ but it not for Python, so how could
> I install dbus module for Windows Python 2.5 ?

I have also started to dabble in windbus-python for the sake of Scribes. I have
following observations:
1. I don't have Visual Studio 2003 (required for compiling Python 2.x modules)
so alternative is to use MinGW. Follow instructions at
http://js.cx/~ju... You can skip the GtkGLExt part.
2. Checkout windbus from sourceforge, apply the patch (patch.exe doesn't work on
Vista. Rename it to p4tch.exe)
3. Follow the windows build instructions for windbus. It gets compiled correctly
:).
4. dbus-python has dependency on dbus AND dbus-glib. But all my attempts of
getting dbus-glib to build have failed so for.
5. dbus-python looks at wrong place for python headers, this is very easy to
connect and if we can get dbus-glib to build then we are there :)

I will keep banging my head & let you know once I have cracked it (or the
dbus-python :)

P.S. Please CC me in your reply as I am not on the list.

Regards,
Suraj

est

There exists a pre-compiled binary for dbus it was primary wirtten for
deluge win32 port http://www.slurdge.org/deluge-...