Installing FileUtils

Alex DeCaria

2/21/2009 1:26:00 AM

My current version of Ruby 1.8.6 (on Windows) doesn't seem to include
the FileUtils library (if I type require 'fileutils' in IRB I get
"false"). How can I download and install this library?

Justin Collins

Alex DeCaria wrote:
> My current version of Ruby 1.8.6 (on Windows) doesn't seem to include
> the FileUtils library (if I type require 'fileutils' in IRB I get
> "false"). How can I download and install this library?

'false' from require just means that it was already loaded. You would
get a LoadError if you didn't have the library.

irb(main):001:0> require 'fileutils'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'fileutils'
=> false
irb(main):003:0> require 'bob'
LoadError: no such file to load -- bob
from (irb):3:in `require'
from (irb):3

-Justin

Alex DeCaria

Justin Collins wrote:
> Alex DeCaria wrote:
>> My current version of Ruby 1.8.6 (on Windows) doesn't seem to include
>> the FileUtils library (if I type require 'fileutils' in IRB I get
>> "false"). How can I download and install this library?
>>
> 'false' from require just means that it was already loaded. You would
> get a LoadError if you didn't have the library.
>
> irb(main):001:0> require 'fileutils'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> require 'fileutils'
> => false