comp.lang.python

http proxy question

scripteaze@gmail.com

12/28/2007 9:25:00 PM

I am tryin to grab a file from a site, however, this site limits me to
one file per 15 minutes. What im tryin to do is use http profies in my
script to just grab the file then change proxies so i can do it again
back to back so that site site does not block me. This possible any
example code out there?

Thank you in advance
1 Answer

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:25:07 -0800 (PST), scripteaze
<scripteaze@gmail.com> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

> I am tryin to grab a file from a site, however, this site limits me to
> one file per 15 minutes. What im tryin to do is use http profies in my
> script to just grab the file then change proxies so i can do it again
> back to back so that site site does not block me. This possible any
> example code out there?

Possible, maybe... But if /I/ knew how, I probably wouldn't let on
-- if the server site has implemented a time-out requirement, they
presumably have a valid reason; either they charge for non-timed
downloads, or they have a limited download bandwidth and wish to prevent
any single user from hogging their pipe.

In either event, one is seeking to subvert the site defined access
controls -- which, in some jurisdictions, can constitute theft of
services or fraud...

You'd be better off, I suspect, figuring out how to write a Python
script to honor the 15-minutes and do the downloads in the background...
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com wulfraed@bestiaria.com