comp.lang.python

Cheap price, the electronics product of high technology

yoyo00

12/28/2007 3:56:00 PM

Dear Sir/Madam
We are one of the largest wholesalers in China who mainly sell
stylish electronic product and equipment such as Digital Cameras,
Mobile Phone, Laptops, Mp4, GPS, Digital Video and bulk products such
as LCD TV, Motorcycles, Binoculars and Musical Instruments and so on
with various international famous brands.
We offer our customer good valuable product with very competitive
price because we have advanced goods circulating solution and
supporter. We have our own warehouse and stores, our clients all over
the world. When you choose our products you will also enjoy our fast
delivery.
We appreciate all of customers' comments and will continue to improve
our service in order to satisfy our old and new customer. Christmas
will soon come, our company since today, discount of all products
price is 5% and special time is ten days (On December 17 till December
26). Wish all consumer Merry Christmases in advance !Please welcome to
visit our website www.elec-bc.com to check your favouriate
products.Thanks.

MSN & E-mail:elec-bc@hotmail.com
The elec-bc Co., Ltd.
11 Answers

mm

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:35:40 +0000 (UTC), Fred Goldstein
<fg_es@ionaryQRM.invalid> wrote:

>Now Ms. Hart has no case. The municipality has the right, in fact the
>responsibility, to determine property values, which requires indoor
>inspection.

At least it can. FTR, I don't think there are any indoor inspections
in Baltimore County. I've been here 30 years and no one has come by.
Maybe they wrote me a letter and I missed it. but I don't think so.

--

Meir

David Makowsky

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:03:10 AM UTC-5, googy wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:35:40 +0000 (UTC), Fred Goldstein

> <fg_es@ionaryQRM.invalid> wrote:

> >Now Ms. Hart has no case. The municipality has the right, in fact the
> >responsibility, to determine property values, which requires indoor
> >inspection.

> At least it can. FTR, I don't think there are any indoor inspections
> in Baltimore County. I've been here 30 years and no one has come by.
> Maybe they wrote me a letter and I missed it. but I don't think so.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that unless there is an emergency (i.e. a fire or someone believes child abuse might be going on at that instant) no one can enter the house without either consent from the owner or a court order.

cindys

On Mar 20, 6:04 pm, David Makowsky <dlmakow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:03:10 AM UTC-5, googy wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:35:40 +0000 (UTC), Fred Goldstein
> > <fg...@ionaryQRM.invalid> wrote:
> > >Now Ms. Hart has no case.  The municipality has the right, in fact the
> > >responsibility, to determine property values, which requires indoor
> > >inspection.
> > At least it can.   FTR, I don't think there are any indoor inspections
> > in Baltimore County.   I've been here 30 years and no one has come by.
> > Maybe they wrote me a letter and I missed it. but I don't think so.
>
> I could be wrong about this, but I believe that unless there is an emergency (i.e. a fire or someone believes child abuse might be going on at that instant) no one can enter the house without either consent from the owner or a court order.
------
I think you're correct. I'm not an attorney, but I think entering a
residence without permission might equate to illegal search and
seizure and/or why police officers have to demonstrate "probable
cause" to a judge in order to get a search warrant to enter a home
owner's premises without permission.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheldonlg

On 3/21/2013 9:19 AM, cindys wrote:
> I sometimes tutor male students one-on-one in a classroom at
> a school, and we keep the classroom door open at all times. One time,
> I needed to speak to a rabbi privately at the shul, and he kept his
> office door open.

When I was teaching and had to talk to a female student one on one, I
always kept the door open -- but not for halachic reasons. :-)

--
Shelly

Yisroel Markov

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:19:52 +0000 (UTC), Shelly
<sheldonlg@thevillages.net> said:

>On 3/21/2013 9:19 AM, cindys wrote:
>> I sometimes tutor male students one-on-one in a classroom at
>> a school, and we keep the classroom door open at all times. One time,
>> I needed to speak to a rabbi privately at the shul, and he kept his
>> office door open.
>
>When I was teaching and had to talk to a female student one on one, I
>always kept the door open -- but not for halachic reasons. :-)

Please enlighten us - what were the reasons?
--
Yisroel "Godwrestler Warriorson" Markov - Boston, MA Member
www.reason.com -- for a sober analysis of the world DNRC

mm

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:04:47 +0000 (UTC), David Makowsky
<dlmakowsky@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:03:10 AM UTC-5, googy wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:35:40 +0000 (UTC), Fred Goldstein
>
>> <fg_es@ionaryQRM.invalid> wrote:
>
>> >Now Ms. Hart has no case. The municipality has the right, in fact the
>> >responsibility, to determine property values, which requires indoor
>> >inspection.
>
>> At least it can. FTR, I don't think there are any indoor inspections
>> in Baltimore County. I've been here 30 years and no one has come by.
>> Maybe they wrote me a letter and I missed it. but I don't think so.
>
>I could be wrong about this, but I believe that unless there is an emergency (i.e. a fire or someone believes child abuse might be going on at that instant) no one can enter the house without either consent from the owner or a court order.

Or hot pursuit. Maybe there are other reasons.

But in this example, they get permission in NJ. IIUC homeowners have
a choice either to give permission or accept the appraisal made from
looking only at the outside. (Even this could be unfair to others, if
they let their outside go unpainted and fall apart as much as the
Buidling and Codes Dept. will allow, while fixing up the inside
expensively.)

What I'm saying is that in Baltimore County they don't even seek to
look inside. And I know the county's valuation of my house has
changed over the years.
--

Meir

David Makowsky

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:19:00 AM UTC-5, cindys wrote:

[ snip ]

> I sometimes tutor male students one-on-one in a classroom at
> a school, and we keep the classroom door open at all times.

I would do more than that. Have him sit close enough near the open door so those passing by can see him. This is not for halachic reasons but to prevent false allegations of misconduct.

I knew a cantor who used to teach girls for their Bat Mitzvah ceremony and he did exactly that for the reason I gave.

cindys

On Mar 21, 11:43 am, Fred Goldstein <fg...@ionaryQRM.invalid> wrote:
> On 3/21/2013 9:19 AM, cindys wrote:

> > Agreed. Very offensive. The issue isn't one of whether or not "the
> > male owner" is at home. It doesn't matter who "owns" the house. The
> > issue is that halacha does not allow a man and woman to be alone
> > together unless they are married (and it doesn't apply only to
> > houses).  I sometimes tutor male students one-on-one in a classroom at
> > a school, and we keep the classroom door open at all times. One time,
> > I needed to speak to a rabbi privately at the shul, and he kept his
> > office door open.
>
> Halacha is in the eye of the interpreter, and only an extreme tribal
> position prohibits such things.  Chumrot get promoted by those trying to
> be more extreme than the next man.
------
In this particular instance, ignorance at its best. Observance of
yichud is common sense and helps prevent impropriety or even the
appearance of impropriety. Yes, there are instances of over-the-top
chumros, but this isn't one of them. And wanting to avoid the
appearance of impropriety is hardly one person trying to be "more
extreme" than the next person. But as someone else pointed out, it's
unfortunately often human nature to despise people who are different
from you.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> > It's one thing to be ignorant of halacha.  It's quite another to label
> > stam halacha a chumra and then invent stories about the motivation
> > behind it.
>
> Saving on taxes, common motive.  Especially in high-property-tax NJ.

cindys

On Mar 21, 2:31 pm, David Makowsky <dlmakow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:19:00 AM UTC-5, cindys wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> > I sometimes tutor male students one-on-one in a classroom at
> > a school, and we keep the classroom door open at all times.
>
> I would do more than that.  Have him sit close enough near the open door so those passing by can see him.  This is not for halachic reasons but to prevent false allegations of misconduct.
-----
We are near the open door. I'm standing at the blackboard, and the
student is typically sitting at the desk directly in front of me.
Other people are also periodically wandering in and out of the room.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> I knew a cantor who used to teach girls for their Bat Mitzvah ceremony and he did exactly that for the reason I gave.

Harry Weiss

Shelly <sheldonlg@thevillages.net> wrote:
> On 3/19/2013 3:07 PM, Yisroel Markov wrote:
> > A New Jersey mother was arrested and told to turn over her guns after
> > reading the Constitution and peacefully protesting at a tax dispute
> > forum, she says.
> >
> > Eileen Hart was with her husband Keith and her 7-year-old daughter on
> > Saturday at the Gloucester Community Center to dispute a mandatory
> > home re-evaluation that would roughly double her property value (and
> > therefore dramatically increase her rates), objecting on multiple
> > grounds. As an Orthodox Jew, she refused to have the inspectors in
> > her home when her husband was away at work. As an American citizen,
> > she objected to the seemingly arbitrary reappraisal, noting that she
> > is not planning on selling her home and hasn?t renovated her kitchen
> > in 30 years.
> >
> > Full article at
> > http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/12/nj-mother-forced-to-turn-over-her-guns-charged-with-terroristic-threats-after-reading-the-constitution-at-tax-dispute...

> We really don't know enough of the specifics to comment on this he-said,
> she said affair. Clearly, the reporter was on the woman's side based
> upon the bias presented. However, we don't know enough.

> One thing did hit me, though. She said that they have not made
> improvements to the house in 30 years. So, when was the last time there
> was a general reappraisal of the neighborhood? When was the last time
> her house was reappraised? If it has been over about 15 years, then
> even with this depressed market her house easily could have doubled in
> value. What about the buildup of the surrounding area? Was she paying
> her "fair share" of the town's taxes before the reassessment?

> In Massachusetts, there used to be a rather strange system. The house
> was assessed at market value at the time of the sale. It stayed that
> way "forever". So, if you owned your home for 30 years, and you bought
> it for $30,000, and someone bought the house next door for $300,000,
> then your assessment would be $30,000 and his would be $300,000. That
> changed shortly after proposition 2 1/2 was passed (when California
> passed Prop 19) so that everyone is currently in line. In Florida it is
> still the way Massachusetts used to do it. So, what is the method where
> this woman lives? If she owned the home for 30 years, it is possible
> that it is assessed at only 1/10 market value -- before the doubling.

> --
> Shelly

We have been in our home for 27 yaers and our value is based on the price
then with annual minimal increases. That is based on Prop 13 and is a
fair system.

What caused it was that in some of the more expensive areas of state where
values skyrocketed people who lived in their housees for many years were
forced out because the taxes exceded their income.

Normal sales and major renovations do keep the gneral income in line, but
protect those people who have been in their homes for a long time

--
Harry J. Weiss
hjweiss@panix.com