comp.lang.python

Removing compile option in distutils

jeremit0

12/27/2007 8:47:00 PM

Hello all,

I am using distutils for building/compiling my Python extensions. The
default configuration tells the compiler to generate debug information
with the "-g" flag. I don't want this, but I can't seem to figure out
how to get rid of it. Does anyone now how?

Thanks,
Jeremy
3 Answers

Shmaryahu b. Chanoch

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:46:16 AM UTC-4, Giorgies E Kepipesiom wrote:
> On Mar 19, 10:52 am, "Shmaryahu b. Chanoch" <Omega....@gmail.com> wrote: > > But the Catholic church, with 1.2 billion members, is still a force to deal with.  Who leads that organization does matter.  And, so far, this guy is impressive. All that may be so. And, from what has been posted here, it likely is so. But it is still idolatry, and thus still poop. GEK

That is what I said, I disagree with much of what the church teaches. Paganism (what you call idolatry) was introduced in the 4th century. However I doubt that the Catholic Church will listen to me. One could say that Muslims believe in similar things. The real concern is not what they teach, but how they deal with us.

But what I do like is how this guy has reached out to Jews.

mm

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:52:51 +0000 (UTC), "Shmaryahu b. Chanoch"
<Omega.d21@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:07:50 PM UTC-4, Giorgies E Kepipesiom wrote:
>> Does anyone know anything about the newly elected Poop from Argentina? Good for the Jew? Bad for the Jews? GEK
>
>So far I am impressed with the man. He reached out to the Jewish community on his first day in office.

I was surprised at that, and impressed. There are so many other
things to do. I know when there were rumors that I would be Chief
Rabbi of the USA, I spent my time making a list of stores to shop for
special yarmulkas. That's how I would have spent my first full day.

>There are good reports from his home country with respect to his relationship to Jews.
>
>I do not agree with many teachings of the Catholic church. I believe that too much paganism was introduced in the 4th century. I do not agree with the concept of the Trinity. It is clear that early christians did not see Jesus as god the son. That appears to be aspects of paganism.
>
>Nor do I agree with the idea that christians have replaced Jews as the chosen people.

I agree with your diagreements.

--

Meir

Dennis

Shmaryahu b. Chanoch wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:07:50 PM UTC-4, Giorgies E Kepipesiom
> wrote:
>> Does anyone know anything about the newly elected Poop from
>> Argentina? Good for the Jews? Bad for the Jews? GEK
>
> So far I am impressed with the man. He reached out to the Jewish
> community on his first day in office. There are good reports from his
> home country with respect to his relationship to Jews.
>
> I do not agree with many teachings of the Catholic church. I believe
> that too much paganism was introduced in the 4th century.

In many respects I agree. However, the pagan rituals as co-opted by the
early Christian Church can be fun, if you don't take them too seriously.

Jewish rituals sound like they could be a lot of fun too!

> I do not
> agree with the concept of the Trinity. It is clear that early
> christians did not see Jesus as god the son. That appears to be
> aspects of paganism.

I agree. It's fascinating to look at the best research about what Jesus
of Nazareth might have really been saying - and even what his follower
Paul of Tarsus was really saying!

There was a big discontinuity - from Jesus of Nazareth, who lived in a
peasant Galillean environment where everyone spoke Aramaic and regarded
the Hebrew Tanakh as scripture - to the earliest Christian Church, who
were almost entirely urban, spoke only the Hellenistic Greek of the time,
and who regarded the Septuagint as their scripture. Most of them were
probably the 'Godfearers, devout men and women' who sat in the back of
Greek synagogues but did not become full Jews.

> Nor do I agree with the idea that christians have replaced Jews as the
> chosen people.

I intend no offense, but I don't regard any ethnic group as G_d's only
chosen, not Jews, not Catholics, not the United Methodist Church I
attend, not any other Christian church, not any of the Muslim sects, not
Hindus, not the Divine Yamato Race of Japan, nor any other group.

Anthropology teaches you that all peoples think their way is the best
way, indeed the only way. Usually their name for themselves is 'the
People.' (On writing that, I can't help but think of Job's "Indeed, you
are the [voice of] the people, and wisdom will die with you." Job 12:2)

http://www.taggedtanakh.org/Chapter/Index/engl...

It's worth noting that Stalin's Communist Party of the Soviet Union, and
all its satellite parties in Eastern Europe and elsewhere, taught that
they were the advance point, the 'chosen' you could say, of history.
Compare that to the fact that Communism was probably the worst disaster
ever for the human race as a whole. A sobering thought for anyone!

I venture to say that none of us has a monopoly on G_d's mission; indeed
to me it seems arrogant indeed to make such a claim.

The Nevi'im issued warnings along such lines.

> But the Catholic church, with 1.2 billion members, is still a force to
> deal with. Who leads that organization does matter. And, so far,
> this guy is impressive.

So far, so good. But there's still a lot of -

"Meet the new boss - same as the old boss!"

Dennis