Need Gem name

Shanmu Gam

2/13/2009 9:13:00 AM

Hi all,

can someone help me with gem name to extract in ical format.
I ve tried vpim & ical. Is there any other gem available for this?

Thanks,
Shanmu

Jim Menard

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Shanmu Gam <shanmugam@railsfactory.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can someone help me with gem name to extract in ical format.
> I ve tried vpim & ical. Is there any other gem available for this?

Use "gem search --remote ical" to search for all gems that have "ical"
in their names.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm@io.com, jim.menard@gmail.com
http://www.io....

Rick DeNatale

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Shanmu Gam <shanmugam@railsfactory.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can someone help me with gem name to extract in ical format.
> I ve tried vpim & ical. Is there any other gem available for this?

I assume that you mean icalendar rather than ical, that and vpim are the two
main ones. I think I found one other but can't recall where.

So exactly what are you finding lacking in vpim and icalendar? I'm curious
because I'm working on a third alternative, but it's not ready for public
view yet. The biggest new features I'm working on are timezone components
and enumeration of recurring components.

http://talklikeaduck.denh...articles/2009/01/23/what-ive-been-up-to-of-late-a-new-ruby-icalend...

Rick DeNatale

Blog: http://talklikeaduck.denh...
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Ri...