[ANN] Gosu 0.7.12 released, with an official website and many contributions

Julian Raschke

Gosu is a free 2D game development library for Ruby and C++, available
via `gem install gosu` on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/FreeBSD. It's
new home is http://li....

Version 0.7.12 has just been released and features a significantly
extended audio component. Other recent versions introduced clipping,
the Linux gem and of course many, many bug fixes. The full change log
is maintained at:

http://code.google.com/p/gosu/wiki...

Most importantly, the official homepage has moved from GoogleCode to
http://li.... On the official forums, lots of games and
projects as well as add-on libraries have already been posted. Most of
them are open source and written in Ruby. Even generally useful things
like an easy-to-deploy, all-in-one RMagick bundle have been
contributed.

Thanks to the forum software and GoogleCode's new features, everything
can be followed using convenient RSS feeds from now on as well.

Finally, I can only recommend the gamedev compos over at ludumdare.com
again, which provide a competitive arena for experimenting with the
possibilities of Ruby development.

Julian

1 Answer

volkfolk

On Mar 15, 11:58 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "marcman" <marcmanstud...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 15, 10:59 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > this was done because the radiation exposure was too high for the workers
> > trying to control the crises.
>
> > of course marcman will assure us there is no risk and all is okay.
>
> Wow, getting called out by O'Harebrain . . .
>
> Ray, why do you post this stuff here? Do you think there's a single
> person that gets their news from you?
>
> Or trusts *anything* you say?
>
> Even when you're right?
>
> No, seriously . . .

> yes macie, we should all remain as happily illinformed and as ignorant as
> you.

LOL. You're one of the most ill informed posters here, you nitwit.

> all week you've been saying it's no big deal and everything in Japan is
> going fine, a disaster can't happen because Japan isn't some 3rd world
> country so they are immune to the laws of nature and physics.

Gotta link to that? I haven't seen ANYBODY say that "everything in
Japan is going fine".

Scot