Re: Integration/Antidifferentiation Program

Dido Sevilla

2/7/2009 4:05:00 PM

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 1:31 AM, SleepJunkie <SleepJunk13@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to write a program to integrate derivatives to save time on
> calc homework and get extra credit in the class. I'm not completely sure
> where to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risch...

There's apparently an algorithm out there that can do symbolic
integration of any elementary function, and returns either its
antiderivative, or that its antiderivative is not expressible in terms
of elementary functions. The only problem that it requires at several
points to determine whether two expressions are equal, and that,
unfortunately, is difficult, and in some cases actually impossible
(undecidable) depending on what functions you allow. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson'...

There's also a whole theory built up from this called differential
Galois theory, which extends ideas originally developed by =C3=89variste
Galois for the solvability of polynomial equations into solving
differential equations, which is really what antidifferentiation is
all about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_Gal...

You're treading in deep water here, brother. Beware.

--=20
=E6=99=AE=E9=80=9A=E3=81=98=E3=82=83=E3=81=AA=E3=81=84=E3=81=AE=E3=81=8C=E5=
=BD=93=E7=84=B6=E3=81=AA=E3=82=89=E7=AD=94=E3=81=88=E3=82=8B=E7=A7=81=E3=81=
=AF=E4=BD=95=E3=81=8C=E3=81=A7=E3=81=8D=E3=82=8B=EF=BC=9F
=E6=99=AE=E9=80=9A=E3=81=A7=E3=82=82=E6=99=AE=E9=80=9A=E3=81=98=E3=82=83=E3=
=81=AA=E3=81=8F=E3=81=A6=E6=84=9F=E3=81=98=E3=82=8B=E3=81=BE=E3=81=BE=E6=84=
=9F=E3=81=98=E3=82=8B=E3=81=93=E3=81=A8=E3=81=A0=E3=81=91=E3=82=92=E3=81=99=
=E3=82=8B=E3=82=88=EF=BC=81
http://stormwyrm.bl...

2 Answers

Fattuchus

On Mar 27, 7:55 pm, marcuscp <phelanmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

But you belong to the "Chosen Ones" and God gave
> you the right to treat anyone else, especially the indigenous people
> colonised, occupied and imprisoned by the Apartheid Israeli regime,
> with contempt.

More bullshit from you. RichL are you reading this?

That the Israeli gov't would pass a law forbidding
> Palestinian kids learning or commemorating the Nakba, whilst forcing
> Arab-Israeli kids to learn about the Holocaust shows how warped the
> mindset of Israel and its unquestioning supporters has become. What
> you've written is inexcusable, revealing your bigoted, racist,
> heartless, superior attitude to fellow human beings. No more
> correspondence from me to you or Fatts. I dig the Beatles and I like
> sharing my, and receiving from others, knowledge and insights of them.
> I don't need this shit. Have a read of this, a review by Prof. Ilan
> Pappe of "Beyond Chutzpah: On the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the
> Abuse of History" by Norman Finkelstein. Includes a  devastating
> critique of a hero of yours, Alan Dershowitz. Read and learn:http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/professor-ilan-pappe-on-beyond...

Alan Dershowitz . . . . a very famous criminal and civil rights lawyer
here in the US. IIRC Harvard credentials. But you don't like him
either. Too Jewish for you, I guess.

topaz

On Mar 27, 8:55 pm, marcuscp <phelanmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > at   another    thread on lyrics . You and I both agreed we liked the
> > song Goodnight Vienna (a rare agreement---yay)
> > Here is my response regarding my view on the Nakba:       (apologies
> > to John and Ringo)
>
> > (SING TO THE TUNE OF GOODNIGHT VIENNA)
> > It All Comes Down to Preachin’ the Nakba (to the tune of Goodnight
> > Vienna)
>
> > I took my brother to  a  meeting last night ah-hah-ha
> > We made darn sure that there were no cops in sight  ah -ha-ha
> > Up come a  butcher with his hatred alight  Ah Ha ha
> > It’s all da-da-da down   to preachin’ the Nakba
>
> > Felt like   a coward but I kept up my cool ah-hah-hah
> > Me and my brother we’re in terrorist school  ah-ha-ha
> > Pumped up with hate and I was starting to drool  ah-ha-ha
> > It’s all da-da-dadown to preachin the Nakba
>
> > Blow it up!
> > Blow it up!
> > Blow it up!
> > Blow it up!
>
> > Paradise calls me more than my family
> > 72 virgins are there waiting for me
> > When I’m a martyr   my mom  will cry--with glee!
> > It’s all da-da-down to preachin’ the Nakba
>
> > Blow it up!
> > Keep it up!
> > Blow it up!
> > Keep in up!
>
> > Too many Jews are here in our promised land  ah ha ha
> > Christian infidels should also be banned  ah-ha-ha
> > Lib’rals are next, before they get out of hand  ah-ha-ha
> > It’s all down to preachin  the Nakba
>
> You've crossed the line. I'm gobsmacked that you would choose to
> flaunt your bigotry, your insensitivity, your mendacity, your
> stupendous stupidity in writing the above shite. The Nakba is to the
> Palestinians what the Holocaust is to the Jews. Imagine writing a song
> mocking the Holocaust, what would you expect to be the reaction? You'd
> be publicly outed and condemned, the Anti-Defamation League or any of
> the myriad Jewish NGOs would drag you through the courts and crush
> you. And rightly so. But you belong to the "Chosen Ones" and God gave
> you the right to treat anyone else, especially the indigenous people
> colonised, occupied and imprisoned by the Apartheid Israeli regime,
> with contempt. That the Israeli gov't would pass a law forbidding
> Palestinian kids learning or commemorating the Nakba, whilst forcing
> Arab-Israeli kids to learn about the Holocaust shows how warped the
> mindset of Israel and its unquestioning supporters has become. What
> you've written is inexcusable, revealing your bigoted, racist,
> heartless, superior attitude to fellow human beings. No more
> correspondence from me to you or Fatts. I dig the Beatles and I like
> sharing my, and receiving from others, knowledge and insights of them.
> I don't need this shit. Have a read of this, a review by Prof. Ilan
> Pappe of "Beyond Chutzpah: On the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the
> Abuse of History" by Norman Finkelstein. Includes a  devastating

It is evident to me that your so called "hatred of injustice" must
be something else. It is not "justice" for a family with children to
be slaughtered in their home including a young infant.
YOu have been asked several times regarding your views on this murder
and I have yet to see any statement that you believe it was wrong for
a Jewish family with children to be killed. (apologies ahead of time
if I have missed it but I have not seen it)
It is also evident to me that your contempt for Israel and Zionists
must come from a deeper personal source.
Has someone close to you-- a family member, partner, someone you care
about-- been arrested or directly harmed by Israel? Perhaps you
yourself?
You claim to hate injustice but there are so many injustices around
the whole world....I mentioned honor killings because I would think if
you really believed in saving lives, especially Muslim women's lives,
you would find this of importance. I believe that to you attacking
Zionists is more important than saving Muslim women. Very sad.

To equate" the Nakba" with the Holocaust is historically
absurd. I know, you will have another nasty outburst but it is
true.
For me, the Nakba and the violent and hate filled ideology that it
leads to is what motivated me to write the little song above that I
did. The Nakba and the violent ideology that it leads to is causing
"Palestinians" to kill themselves and others, a tragic waste of lives
all around. It (the Nakba) meshes very well with purist Islamist
doctrine.
I am linking a piece that is a written article on the video piece on
the popular American show called 60 Minutes. This piece appeared in
2010.
There are several written pages and I believe the pages may not
contain all of the video content entirely but I did see this video
last year.
The piece I am linking is an interview with Leslie Stahl a reporter
with 6 0 Minutes and Maajid Nawaz a British Muslim who was recruited
to Islamist purists and for years he believed in The Narrative-- the
story that the United States is out to destroy Islam.. Nawaz
realized eventually for himself that The Narrative is a lie and he is
now preaching to other Muslims that it is a lie.
I am posting this because I believe that the violence and hatred that
follows the teaching of the Nakba has great parallels to this
Narrative that the West is "out to destroy Islam":

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/21/60minutes/main6698363.shtml?tag=contentMain;c...

Now I am going to post a part of this article where Maajid Nawaz was
in jail and he got to meet members of the Muslim Brotherhood in Jail
and the killers of Anwar Sadat.
Very interesting reading--he is being interviewed by Leslie Stahl a
female reporter for 60 Minutes:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"During his trial, Nawaz remained defiant. He would walk in and out of
court shouting out radical slogans. After he was convicted and
sentenced to prison for five years, he was locked up with the
assassins of Anwar Sadat and leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood.

"Boy, if you weren't radicalized up until then, you certainly would've
been then," Stahl remarked.

"Well, the interesting thing with these guys is that, in the 20 or so
years since they've been imprisoned, they'd gone through a process
where they had abandoned their jihadist views," he said.

"They did?" Stahl asked.

"Yeah. And my initial reaction was, 'Oh, my God, you've sold out.' And
so, I approached them with an idea to try and actually convince them
they were wrong," Nawaz said.

Nawaz believed he could "re re-convert" them. "And what ended up
happening was through the discussion process, I began doubting the
strength of my own convictions," he explained.

They were able to persuade him that today's radical ideology is closer
to fascism than true Islam. So after four years in prison, he returned
to England in 2006 and soon left HT.

Asked how difficult it was to break away like that, Nawaz said it was
"traumatic."

"Because all my friends, friendship circle, my family at the time, my
wife was also a member of HT," he explained.

According to Nawaz, his marriage fell apart; they're no longer
together.

After he decided he wanted to make amends for the 13 years he had
spent as a radical, so now he devotes himself to rebutting the very
narrative he once passionately promoted.

"Frankly, Lesley, I think it's 'the' key factor in solving the problem
we're experiencing in the world at the moment," he said. "Countering
the narrative is the core of the solution, making this narrative as
unfashionable as Communism has become today."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to emphasize in capital letters one point in this article
that IMO striking: the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood and the
killers of Anwar Sadat told this devout Muslim Maajid Nawaaz in jail
that 'TODAY'S RADICAL IDEOLOGY (REFERRING TO ISLAM) IS CLOSER TO
FASCISM THAN TRUE ISLAM." That statement did not come from me, it
came from the killers of Anwar Sadat and leaders of the Muslim
Brotherhood that he met in jail.
Do you think the leaders of HAMAS would agree? (remember the charter
of HAMAS by the way....)
This man, Maajid Nawaz lost his wife, his friends, his friendship
circle simply because he decided that countering the hatred,
countering the Narrative that the USA wants to destroy Islam and
stating the truth was that important. In the video Maajid Nawaz
compares the Narrative to the hatred preached by the Nazi's against
the Jews. I think he is very very courageous. I hope that others of
the Muslim faith who truly want peace can see the wisdom of his
discovery.
Such a profound realization of the truth is what is needed for true
peace between Israel and its neighbors. The justification of
violence against Israel with the "Nakba" is destructive to the
people living in the so called "occupied territories", and
destructive to nonMuslims as well. The people in the terrirtories of
course , as I have said, do not realize that there are outside forces
who want this violence and hatred to continue, with the people of
"Palestine" being used as pawns. The "narrative" of the Nakba needs
to be changed to the truth-- and this will be a key first step to
having a true peace in the region for all peoples.

That is what my adaptation of "Goodnight Vienna" is really about.

Shalom marcuscp.