Jordan Schroeder

2/3/2009 8:15:00 PM

Hi, I'm trying to connect to an existing MS SQL database using Ruby. All
websites point me to using 'DBI' but there is a glitch mentioned about
ADO.rb that has to be separately downloaded. Everyone points me to
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=234&releas... but I can't find
any zip file here that has ADO.rb. Where is it?

Thank you.

Jonathon Brenner

Get a DBI 2.2 distro from there and it's included:

[16:44]jon:~/Downloads/dbi-0.2.2$ find . -name ADO.rb
/lib/dbd/ADO.rb

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Jordan Schroeder <jschroeder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to connect to an existing MS SQL database using Ruby. All
> websites point me to using 'DBI' but there is a glitch mentioned about
> ADO.rb that has to be separately downloaded. Everyone points me to
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=234&releas... but I can't find
> any zip file here that has ADO.rb. Where is it?
>
> Thank you.

Jordan Schroeder

Jonathon Brenner wrote:
> Get a DBI 2.2 distro from there and it's included:
>
> [16:44]jon:~/Downloads/dbi-0.2.2$ find . -name ADO.rb
> ./lib/dbd/ADO.rb

Thanks so much - I thought I was going nuts there for a moment. The
guides on this weren't very clear. I wonder why the latest version of
DBI doesn't include this file...

Leslie Viljoen

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Jordan Schroeder <jschroeder@gmail.com>wrote:

> Jonathon Brenner wrote:
> > Get a DBI 2.2 distro from there and it's included:
> >
> > [16:44]jon:~/Downloads/dbi-0.2.2$ find . -name ADO.rb
> > ./lib/dbd/ADO.rb
>
> Thanks so much - I thought I was going nuts there for a moment. The
> guides on this weren't very clear. I wonder why the latest version of
> DBI doesn't include this file...

Does anyone know if ADO is being phased out or something? It took me ages to
figure
out how to connect to SQL server with ActiveRecord. Is the old ADO fully
compatible
with the new DBI?

David Gersic

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 22:19:55 -0800 (PST), gerry <hotklock40@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Until today i woulda said try TNT Amusements, but after watching their

And this has what, exactly, to do with the parts I'm looking for? If
you want to rant about TNT (he's done this before, I assume he'll
probably do it again...), then go rant about TNT in his thread.

--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-p... |
| After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless. |