Bitwise 2009 ($5000 prize money

birinder

2/3/2009 10:43:00 AM

Bitwise is a state of the art online programming contest held by the
4th year undergraduate students of CSE Department, IIT Kharagpur. It
is going to be held on 8th February 2009(1220 IST). The contest is
time constrained and posed with some of the toughest programming and
algorithms challenges in a short span of 12 hours.

In Bitwise 2k8, over 2500 teams participated. The prizes are worth 2
lakh rupees.

Registration is free and open to all. Contestants solve a set of
problems posted on the site using C or C++. The solutions are
evaluated, not only on the basis of correctness, but also on execution
time and space complexity. Please visit our website for
registration:-

http://www.bitwise.iitkgp...

Thanks!!
6 Answers

mary-ellen

"Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Willy Eye wrote:
>> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message
>>> Since I'm not buying the new one, I would like to explore some of the
>>> classics. I jumped on the Bandwagon with BITUSA, and to be fair, I was
>>> either overseas or listening to Sesame Street before that. I did get
>>> Born To Run after that (although my LPs are long gone).
>>>
>>> I have Devils & Dust (not impressed), Magic (like it but never listen
>>> because the sound is so bad). Hate the orchestrated pop on the new one.
>>>
>>> So, what do you recommend?
>>>
>> Probably the best place to start would be the HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON
>> live CD of a 1975 show.
>>
>> Other good choices would be DARKNESS, THE RIVER, NEBRASKA and WILD &
>> INNOCENT.
>>
>> And, as mr. Mahler mentioned, the LIVE 75-85 box-set might give you a
>> good
>> overview of the songs from BITUSA and before. A lot of folks grumble
>> about
>> that box-set (and it's far from perfect), but overall it is pretty
>> enjoyable.
>>

> I think that it's hard to really get to know the songs themselves with
> live performances.
>
> --
> Laurie
>
> http://lauriehester.blo...

Laurie,

you need to download a copy of Piece de Resistance and you may change your
mind on that - just for Prove it All Night

Mary-Ellen

st alphonso

"mary-ellen" <meb@NOSPAMmetrocast.net> wrote in message
> you need to download a copy of Piece de Resistance and you may change
> your mind on that - just for Prove it All Night
>
> Mary-Ellen

Oh yeah!!!

I've watched that DVD four times in the last three weeks.

A to Z

"mary-ellen" <meb@NOSPAMmetrocast.net> wrote in message

> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> Willy Eye wrote:
>>> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message

>>> Probably the best place to start would be the HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON
>>> live CD of a 1975 show.
>>>
>>> Other good choices would be DARKNESS, THE RIVER, NEBRASKA and WILD &
>>> INNOCENT.
>>>
>>> And, as mr. Mahler mentioned, the LIVE 75-85 box-set might give you a
>>> good
>>> overview of the songs from BITUSA and before. A lot of folks grumble
>>> about
>>> that box-set (and it's far from perfect), but overall it is pretty
>>> enjoyable.
>>>

>> I think that it's hard to really get to know the songs themselves with
>> live performances.
>>
>> --
>> Laurie
>>
>> http://lauriehester.blo...
>
> Laurie,
>
> you need to download a copy of Piece de Resistance and you may change
> your mind on that - just for Prove it All Night

PDR - single greatest illegal use of compressed plastic ever

> Mary-Ellen

mary-ellen

I think Rich needs to do some updating (now that's an understatement) but
remember when..

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/richbreto...

and the PdR info: http://www.mv.com/ipusers/richbreton/d/d...

Mary-Ellen
(gotta get that brucelegs.com domain name back sometime)

"A to Z" <REMOVETHESEaddietzCAPS@verizonPLEASE.net> wrote in message

> "mary-ellen" <meb@NOSPAMmetrocast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message

>>> I think that it's hard to really get to know the songs themselves with
>>> live performances.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Laurie
>>>
>>> http://lauriehester.blo...
>>
>> Laurie,
>>
>> you need to download a copy of Piece de Resistance and you may change
>> your mind on that - just for Prove it All Night
>

> PDR - single greatest illegal use of compressed plastic ever
>

>> Mary-Ellen

Willy Eyenine

"Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Willy Eye wrote:
>> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message
>>> Since I'm not buying the new one, I would like to explore some of the
>>> classics. I jumped on the Bandwagon with BITUSA, and to be fair, I was
>>> either overseas or listening to Sesame Street before that. I did get
>>> Born To Run after that (although my LPs are long gone).
>>>
>>> I have Devils & Dust (not impressed), Magic (like it but never listen
>>> because the sound is so bad). Hate the orchestrated pop on the new one.
>>>
>>> So, what do you recommend?
>>>
>> Probably the best place to start would be the HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON
>> live CD of a 1975 show.
>>
>> Other good choices would be DARKNESS, THE RIVER, NEBRASKA and WILD &
>> INNOCENT.
>>
>> And, as mr. Mahler mentioned, the LIVE 75-85 box-set might give you a
>> good
>> overview of the songs from BITUSA and before. A lot of folks grumble
>> about
>> that box-set (and it's far from perfect), but overall it is pretty
>> enjoyable.
>>

> I think that it's hard to really get to know the songs themselves with
> live performances.

In most cases and with most performers I'd agree with what you've written
above.
With Springsteen's live shows in the seventies and eighties, I'd make an
exception...

Evolution

mary-ellen wrote:
> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> Willy Eye wrote:
>>> "Evolution" <myname@rcn.com> wrote in message

>>> Probably the best place to start would be the HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON
>>> live CD of a 1975 show.
>>>
>>> Other good choices would be DARKNESS, THE RIVER, NEBRASKA and WILD &
>>> INNOCENT.
>>>
>>> And, as mr. Mahler mentioned, the LIVE 75-85 box-set might give you a
>>> good
>>> overview of the songs from BITUSA and before. A lot of folks grumble
>>> about
>>> that box-set (and it's far from perfect), but overall it is pretty
>>> enjoyable.
>>>

>> I think that it's hard to really get to know the songs themselves with
>> live performances.
>>
>> --
>> Laurie
>>
>> http://lauriehester.blo...
>
> Laurie,
>
> you need to download a copy of Piece de Resistance and you may change your
> mind on that - just for Prove it All Night
>
> Mary-Ellen

I know, but I like to get to know the songs in the studio albums first,
because you can get all the nuances. Just a personal preference. Then
you can appreciate the live performances.

--
Laurie

http://lauriehester.blo...