Re: logging 0.9.5

Bahaw Anyone

2/2/2009 9:21:00 AM

Does this work in Rails 2.2.2? I tried actually, but it throwing an
error looking for Rails 2.3 bare bones.

Which version should I use?

thanks,
b4h4w

Tim Pease wrote:
> logging version 0.9.5
> by Tim Pease
> http://logging.ruby...
>
> == DESCRIPTION
>
> Logging is a flexible logging library for use in Ruby programs based on
> the
> design of Java's log4j library. It features a hierarchical logging
> system,
> custom level names, multiple output destinations per log event, custom
> formatting, and more.
>
> == CHANGES
>
> 2 minor enhancements
> - The pattern layout can output the current thread name
> if set using Thread.current[:name] [valodzka]
> - Added buffered logging to all IO based loggers
> (console, file, rolling file)
> 1 bug fix
> - Uncaught TimeoutError in the e-mail appender
>
> ==
>
> Blessings,
> TwP

Bahaw Anyone

sorry, should have been:
Could not find RubyGem bones (>= 2.3.0) (Gem::LoadError)

Bahaw Anyone wrote:
> Does this work in Rails 2.2.2? I tried actually, but it throwing an
> error looking for Rails 2.3 bare bones.

Tim Pease

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Bahaw Anyone <bahaw@yahoo.com> wrote:
> sorry, should have been:
> Could not find RubyGem bones (>= 2.3.0) (Gem::LoadError)

Odd. Logging does not have a runtime dependency on Mr Bones. However,
you can silence the warning by installing Mr Bones ...

sudo gem install bones

That should fix the problem.

Blessings,
TwP