MiniTest / Test::Unit

James Mead

I'm struggling to understand the combinations in which MiniTest and
Test::Unit can be used. This is my understanding so far...

Test::Unit

Available as a standard library ('test/unit') in Ruby versions before 1.9.1.
Available as a standard library in Ruby version 1.9.1, but only as a thin
wrapper around MiniTest. Some Test::Unit API no longer available.

MiniTest

Available as a gem ('minitest') in Ruby versions before 1.9.0
Available as a standard library ('mini/test') in Ruby version 1.9.0
Available as a standard library ('minitest') in Ruby version 1.9.1

Is that all correct?

Also when is the minitest_tu_shim gem intended to be used?

Thanks.
--
James.
http://blog.floe...

2 Answers

Gregory Brown

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM, James Mead <jamesmead44@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm struggling to understand the combinations in which MiniTest and
> Test::Unit can be used. This is my understanding so far...
>
> Test::Unit
>
> Available as a standard library ('test/unit') in Ruby versions before 1.9.1.
> Available as a standard library in Ruby version 1.9.1, but only as a thin
> wrapper around MiniTest. Some Test::Unit API no longer available.

You can also gem install test-unit -v 1.2.3 on 1.9.1 to get back the
full blow 'old school' Test::Unit

-greg

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacr...
Non-tech stuff at: http://metametta.bl...

James Mead

2009/1/28 Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown@gmail.com>

> You can also gem install test-unit -v 1.2.3 on 1.9.1 to get back the
> full blow 'old school' Test::Unit

Thanks - that's really helpful.

--
James.