MiniTest & Test::Unit::TestResult in Ruby 1.9.1

James Mead

It looks like Test::Unit::TestResult [1] has disappeared in Ruby 1.9.1. Is
this correct?

In fact, it looks like requiring 'test/unit' now just gets you a thin
wrapper around MiniTest. Is this correct?

In Mocha's acceptance tests we currently use Test::Unit to run tests within
tests [2] and Test::Result gives us access to the errors and failures that
occurred within the inner test. This gives us clean looking tests like
ParameterMatcherTest [3].
--
James.
http://blog.floe...

[1] http://...
[2] http://...
[3] http://...

4 Answers

James Gray

On Jan 28, 2009, at 9:17 AM, James Mead wrote:

> It looks like Test::Unit::TestResult [1] has disappeared in Ruby
> 1.9.1. Is
> this correct?
>
> In fact, it looks like requiring 'test/unit' now just gets you a thin
> wrapper around MiniTest. Is this correct?

This is correct. Test::Unit has been retired.

James Edward Gray II

Trans

On Jan 28, 10:38=A0am, James Gray <ja...@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 9:17 AM, James Mead wrote:
>
> > It looks like Test::Unit::TestResult [1] has disappeared in Ruby =A0
> > 1.9.1. Is
> > this correct?
>
> > In fact, it looks like requiring 'test/unit' now just gets you a thin
> > wrapper around MiniTest. Is this correct?
>
> This is correct. =A0Test::Unit has been retired.

Retired? I beleive it is still an active project, only it is now a
separate install.

T.

James Gray

On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Trans wrote:

> On Jan 28, 10:38 am, James Gray <ja...@grayproductions.net> wrote:
>> On Jan 28, 2009, at 9:17 AM, James Mead wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like Test::Unit::TestResult [1] has disappeared in Ruby
>>> 1.9.1. Is
>>> this correct?
>>
>>> In fact, it looks like requiring 'test/unit' now just gets you a
>>> thin
>>> wrapper around MiniTest. Is this correct?
>>
>> This is correct. Test::Unit has been retired.
>
> Retired? I beleive it is still an active project, only it is now a
> separate install.

Yeah, my bad. I should have said it has been retired as a standard
library.

James Edward Gray II

TB@work

One more question. If a certain charge does not apply to a load it returns
#N/A. Is there a way to set the formula to return $0? For instance in my
example above if load 12346 does not have a fuel charge applied, I would like
the formula to return $0.