Showing a file

Sigge Sg

1/21/2009 8:23:00 PM

I am a noob in programing, and have just learned some of the basics.

And i wonder if i could show a file (like a picture) when running the
program??.

Ilan Berci

Sigge Sg wrote:
> I am a noob in programing, and have just learned some of the basics.
>
> And i wonder if i could show a file (like a picture) when running the
> program??.

yes...

Sigge Sg

Ilan Berci wrote:
> Sigge Sg wrote:
>> I am a noob in programing, and have just learned some of the basics.
>>
>> And i wonder if i could show a file (like a picture) when running the
>> program??.
>
> yes...

How??

Pierre Pat

Sigge Sg wrote:
> How??

By using a GUI library. And for which one, it depends of your needs...

But if you just want to display a picture, the asiest way would be Shoes
I guess.

Shoes.app do
image "foo/bar.jpg"
end

But I guess the question is too vague to answer accurately

Sigge Sg

> By using a GUI library. And for which one, it depends of your needs...
>
> But if you just want to display a picture, the asiest way would be Shoes
> I guess.
>
> Shoes.app do
> image "foo/bar.jpg"
> end
>
> But I guess the question is too vague to answer accurately

can i display any picture with the Shoe library??

Pierre Pat

Sigge Sg wrote:
> can i display any picture with the Shoe library??

At least for PNG, JPEG or GIF format, yes.
You can even make it point to an image on the net.

Sigge Sg

Sorry! i didn't understand the code.

I know i'm a noob.

What should I write if i wanna display a picture named "lol.JPEG" from
the "my picture" folder??