Building Ruby with Visual Studio 2005

Time World

Hello,

I tried to build Ruby on Windows with Visual Studio 2005. I followed
instructions in win32/README.win32.

I started Visual Studio.
I clicked on "Tools" and "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" to get
everything in PATH.
I started win32\configure.bat.
And I got this error:
'find' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0xff'
Stop.

Am I supposed to install find or something ?

1 Answer

Time World

2009/1/18 Time World <time.in.world@gmail.com>

> I tried to build Ruby on Windows with Visual Studio 2005. I followed
> instructions in win32/README.win32.
>
> I started Visual Studio.
> I clicked on "Tools" and "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" to get
> everything in PATH.
> I started win32\configure.bat.
> And I got this error:
> 'find' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0xff'
> Stop.
>
> Am I supposed to install find or something ?

Actually, find.exe is shipped with Windows. I was using a very small Windows
distribution from which it was removed.