pachubero: ruby wrapper for the internet of things

chiaro scuro

I put together pachubero, a small wrapper for pachube (pachube.com), a
platform where several devices around the world are publishing data.

http://blog.mikamai.com/2009/01/internet-of-things-pachubero-pachube-wrapper...

You can use the code to read the feeds. You can get the authorization key
from the pachube site.

If any of you guys is in Milan we are working on it on sunday afternoon at
the hack-up event:

http://www.hack-up.org/wiki/index.php?title=Milan_1...

(we are also going to play with the Facebook APIs and Heroku)

--k

13 Answers

wy

On Jan 2, 12:35 am, AlleyCat <al...@aohell.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:17:21 -0800, In article <wr85r0ehb3jp
> $.349ldn14gd11$....@40tude.net>, Mel...@Mordor.com says...
>
> > He's apparently chosen to increase taxes on everyone.
>
> I have too. EVERYONE should pay a fair share. Let's all pay a flat rate
> and get this shit over with.

Flat rate. Another right wingnut math failure. What's a flat rate,
stupid? 10%? That would be about half of what Warren Buffet already
pays. Where's the fairness in that when he gets an income boost out
of that rate? What's 10% to him? Nothing. What's 10% to someone
making $20,000 per year? Not an income boost but an income
subtraction of $2,000. And he needs $22,000 a year just to break
even, so already he's $4,000 short, including the 10% you want to
subtract from him. Nothing fair about that flat tax at all between
the two. One gets to go on like nothing hit him, the other plunges
into debt. Stupid brain-dead right wingnut math failure that you are.

AlleyCat

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 21:51:31 -0800 (PST), In article <c9b9f95a-5c37-4b1e-
829d-39a2e9b114d7@r4g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>, wy_@myself.com says...

> On Jan 2, 12:35?am, AlleyCat <al...@aohell.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:17:21 -0800, In article <wr85r0ehb3jp
> > $.349ldn14gd11$....@40tude.net>, Mel...@Mordor.com says...
> >
> > > He's apparently chosen to increase taxes on everyone.
> >
> > I have too. EVERYONE should pay a fair share. Let's all pay a flat rate
> > and get this shit over with.
>
> Flat rate. Another right wingnut math failure. What's a flat rate,
> stupid? 10%? That would be about half of what Warren Buffet already
> pays. Where's the fairness in that when he gets an income boost out
> of that rate? What's 10% to him? Nothing. What's 10% to someone
> making $20,000 per year? Not an income boost but an income
> subtraction of $2,000. And he needs $22,000 a year just to break
> even, so already he's $4,000 short, including the 10% you want to
> subtract from him. Nothing fair about that flat tax at all between
> the two. One gets to go on like nothing hit him, the other plunges
> into debt. Stupid brain-dead right wingnut math failure that you are.

Why do you fucking nuts always bring up the super rich, like they're the
answer? Besides, you're a fucking left winger Cuntnadian... what the
fuck do you care?
If you're going to discuss, don't ask questions and then answer them
yourself. They put people away for that kind of thing. Oh wait... no,
they kill little children at schools.
Did I say 10% flat tax? Nope. If dumbass is only making $20g, he
shouldn't have dropped out of Jr. College. If dumbass is only making
20g, he needs to live within his means, so he HAS the money to at least
get by. Are we talking about the dumbass that makes 20g's and tries to
have a family? LOL Stupid. Tell me about the dumbass that makes 20g's
and tries to raise a family. Chances are, mama's going to be working
too, and she'll probably make more than him. If you're stupid enough to
fuck up and get a girl pregnant, and then try to have a family on 20g...
tough shit. The world needs dumbass ditch diggers too. If they try to
have a family, they need to think it over a little more.
Quit talking your Utopian bullshit... the AMERICAN dynamic is far
different than Cuntnadada's. Stupid.

--
Check for Children Redirecting Newsgroups

Ruud66

On Jan 2, 6:35 am, AlleyCat <al...@aohell.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:17:21 -0800, In article <wr85r0ehb3jp
> $.349ldn14gd11$....@40tude.net>, Mel...@Mordor.com says...
>
> > He's apparently chosen to increase taxes on everyone.
>
> I have too. EVERYONE should pay a fair share. Let's all pay a flat rate
> and get this shit over with. Can't pit the poor or middle class, against
> the "rich" anymore. This bullshit class warfare crap would likely end.
> If you're not rich, that's YOUR fault. If you're poor, that's YOUR
> fault. Did rich people tell you to quit school, because success is
> actin' white? Did the rich go to your neighborhood and tell you to start
> smoking dope, or to inject heroin? Nope... the rich didn't "do" anything
> to you, so quitcherbitchin' and pay your taxes, you lazy fucks.
>
> Disclaimer: "you" is editorial, but if you feel slighted by this rant...
> tough titty. Get out of your mama's basement and get a job.

A flat tax rate shure but not without a flat basic income for
everyone. Stay at home moms need to get payed as well.

R.

BroilJAB

America Prays ANNIHILATION Obama Fraud.
The market crashed since Obama Vote Fraud.
Already thousands of businesses have laid off.
And ObamaCare driving us over the financial cliff.

Pray for annihilation of this charlatan from Heaven.

BroilJAB

America Prays ANNIHILATION Obama Fraud.
The market crashed since Obama Vote Fraud.
Already thousands of businesses have laid off.
And ObamaCare driving us over the financial cliff.

Pray for annihilation of this charlatan from Heaven.

herbert glazier

On Jan 2, 7:56 am, BroilJAB <DesignDen...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
> America Prays ANNIHILATION Obama Fraud.
> The market crashed since Obama Vote Fraud.
> Already thousands of businesses have laid off.
> And ObamaCare driving us over the financial cliff.
>
> Pray for annihilation of this charlatan from Heaven.

CNN Pole has GOPers to blame for US for the bad situation we are in.
GOPissers can't fool all the people.Bush and Cheney should get 50
years of hard labor. TreBert.

Matt

wy <wy_@myself.com> wrote in news:c9b9f95a-5c37-4b1e-829d-39a2e9b114d7
@r4g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

> On Jan 2, 12:35?am, AlleyCat <al...@aohell.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:17:21 -0800, In article <wr85r0ehb3jp
>> $.349ldn14gd11$....@40tude.net>, Mel...@Mordor.com says...
>>
>> > He's apparently chosen to increase taxes on everyone.
>>
>> I have too. EVERYONE should pay a fair share. Let's all pay a flat
rate
>> and get this shit over with.
>
> Flat rate. Another right wingnut math failure. What's a flat rate,
> stupid? 10%? That would be about half of what Warren Buffet already
> pays. Where's the fairness in that when he gets an income boost out
> of that rate? What's 10% to him? Nothing. What's 10% to someone
> making $20,000 per year? Not an income boost but an income
> subtraction of $2,000. And he needs $22,000 a year just to break
> even, so already he's $4,000 short, including the 10% you want to
> subtract from him. Nothing fair about that flat tax at all between
> the two. One gets to go on like nothing hit him, the other plunges
> into debt. Stupid brain-dead right wingnut math failure that you are.

14% is the break even point in almost all models, and that number only
goes up if you allow for deductions of any sort (such as mortgage
interest). The notion of "flat rate" is equally absurd, since it doesn't
take into account all transactions or income, only those that are
listed.

The other alternative that comes up regularly is a national sales tax on
ALL transactions. It isn't a bad idea, really, if you replace the income
tax with sales tax. The problem is, I don't trust our government not to
raise it, and with a VAT-style tax, you wouldn't even know it.

Matt

Yoorghis

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:44:08 +0000 (UTC), Matt <matttelles@sprynet.com>
wrote:

>wy <wy_@myself.com> wrote in news:c9b9f95a-5c37-4b1e-829d-39a2e9b114d7
>@r4g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:
>
>> On Jan 2, 12:35?am, AlleyCat <al...@aohell.com> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:17:21 -0800, In article <wr85r0ehb3jp
>>> $.349ldn14gd11$....@40tude.net>, Mel...@Mordor.com says...

>>> I have too. EVERYONE should pay a fair share. Let's all pay a flat
>rate
>>> and get this shit over with.
>>
>> Flat rate. Another right wingnut math failure. What's a flat rate,
>> stupid? 10%? That would be about half of what Warren Buffet already
>> pays. Where's the fairness in that when he gets an income boost out
>> of that rate? What's 10% to him? Nothing. What's 10% to someone
>> making $20,000 per year? Not an income boost but an income
>> subtraction of $2,000. And he needs $22,000 a year just to break
>> even, so already he's $4,000 short, including the 10% you want to
>> subtract from him. Nothing fair about that flat tax at all between
>> the two. One gets to go on like nothing hit him, the other plunges
>> into debt. Stupid brain-dead right wingnut math failure that you are.
>>

>14% is the break even point in almost all models, and that number only
>goes up if you allow for deductions of any sort (such as mortgage
>interest). The notion of "flat rate" is equally absurd, since it doesn't
>take into account all transactions or income, only those that are
>listed.
>
>The other alternative that comes up regularly is a national sales tax on
>ALL transactions. It isn't a bad idea, really, if you replace the income
>tax with sales tax. The problem is, I don't trust our government not to
>raise it, and with a VAT-style tax, you wouldn't even know it.
>
>Matt

What about "returning" to the days of almost confiscatory tax rates on
wealth/business/industry---when employment was the highest, expansion
the best, innovation, job creation, and "general welfare" was at it's
highest?

As I recall---no millionaire ever went broke, and very few industries
or businesses were shut down unless incompetent management failed. Yet
we created massive infrastructre (now crumbling), Education
possibilities for all classes, and techinical achievements galore.

Of course that would require having the same kind of tax code
incentives and regulations, enforcement and understanding of domestic
policies from politicians.

Matt

Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote in news:jmm8e85131v6g69n8oe09d63m1fcivn9dk@
4ax.com:

> On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:44:08 +0000 (UTC), Matt <matttelles@sprynet.com>
> wrote:
>
>>wy <wy_@myself.com> wrote in news:c9b9f95a-5c37-4b1e-829d-39a2e9b114d7
>>@r4g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

>>rate
>>>
>>> Flat rate. Another right wingnut math failure. What's a flat rate,
>>> stupid? 10%? That would be about half of what Warren Buffet
already
>>> pays. Where's the fairness in that when he gets an income boost out
>>> of that rate? What's 10% to him? Nothing. What's 10% to someone
>>> making $20,000 per year? Not an income boost but an income
>>> subtraction of $2,000. And he needs $22,000 a year just to break
>>> even, so already he's $4,000 short, including the 10% you want to
>>> subtract from him. Nothing fair about that flat tax at all between
>>> the two. One gets to go on like nothing hit him, the other plunges
>>> into debt. Stupid brain-dead right wingnut math failure that you
are.

>>14% is the break even point in almost all models, and that number only
>>goes up if you allow for deductions of any sort (such as mortgage
>>interest). The notion of "flat rate" is equally absurd, since it
doesn't
>>take into account all transactions or income, only those that are
>>listed.
>>
>>The other alternative that comes up regularly is a national sales tax
on
>>ALL transactions. It isn't a bad idea, really, if you replace the
income
>>tax with sales tax. The problem is, I don't trust our government not
>>raise it, and with a VAT-style tax, you wouldn't even know it.
>>
>>Matt
>
> What about "returning" to the days of almost confiscatory tax rates on
> wealth/business/industry---when employment was the highest, expansion
> the best, innovation, job creation, and "general welfare" was at it's
> highest?

The reality was, almost nobody paid those rates, just as almost nobody
pays top rates today.

> As I recall---no millionaire ever went broke, and very few industries
> or businesses were shut down unless incompetent management failed. Yet
> we created massive infrastructre (now crumbling), Education
> possibilities for all classes, and techinical achievements galore.
>
> Of course that would require having the same kind of tax code
> incentives and regulations, enforcement and understanding of domestic
> policies from politicians.

The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about is that the tax
code itself is inherently messed up. Too many special interests, too
many loopholes, too many everything. Fixing it will probably not cost
the average American consumer a cent, but it would certainly cause a lot
of businesses to pay more. As we've seen in both the US and UK, lowering
the tax rates is great for corporate profits, but does absolutely
nothing for either revenues to the government or jobs.

Corporations should be taxed on income, less that which they pay out in
salaries, capped at a given amount (to avoid having executives simply
paid billions to remove any profit). That's fair, it encourages them to
hire, and it will do a lot for the economy.

Sadly, nobody will look at rational choices anymore.

Matt

M.I.Wakefield

"Matt" wrote in message news:kc1kk8$8m8$1@dont-email.me...

> The other alternative that comes up regularly is a national sales tax on
> ALL transactions. It isn't a bad idea, really, if you replace the income
> tax with sales tax. The problem is, I don't trust our government not to
> raise it, and with a VAT-style tax, you wouldn't even know it.

Canada's GST/HST is a VAT-style tax, and it's visible on virtually every
transaction.