[ANN] Grepper 0.9.3: grepping library and commandline tool

David A. Black

1/13/2009 7:38:00 PM

Hi --

I've just released version 0.9.3 of the Grepper library, which
includes a grep.rb commandline tool for grepping. It all tries to
strictly emulate the results of a subset of GNU grep(1).

Supported options:

-A, -B, -C, -c, -h, -H, -l, -L, -n, -o, -v

The project is at:

http://rubyforge.org/project...

David

Ruby/Rails consulting & training: http://www.r...
Coming in 2009: The Well-Grounded Rubyist (http://manning....)

http://www.wis... => Independent, social wishlist management!

3 Answers

Bryan Richardson

Does this functionality already exist in Rush (
http://adam.blog.heroku.com/past/2008/2/19/rush_the_r...)? If not,
would you consider adding it?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Bryan Richardson wrote:

> Does this functionality already exist in Rush (
> http://adam.blog.heroku.com/past/2008/2/19/rush_the_r...)? If not,
> would you consider adding it?

I can't seem to reach that site. I'm not involved with that project,
but I imagine it would be easy to install the Grepper library and go
from there. I'll try to have a look if I can reach the site later.

David

Ruby/Rails consulting & training: http://www.r...
Coming in 2009: The Well-Grounded Rubyist (http://manning....)

http://www.wis... => Independent, social wishlist management!