First whack at thread safe Containers

Robert Dober

1/4/2009 6:56:00 PM

Hi all

Charly suggested thread safe containers some weeks ago. I finally
found some time to try it, very much motivated by Jim Weirich's Ruby
Conf talk :-P.

Please find my first implementation of a RWLock here
http://pastie....

All comments welcome, but I am particularly interested, if monitor.rb
or sync.rb have something to offer which might outperform
ConditionVariable#wait & #signal?

The algorithm itself is adapted from the 2nd edition of Java Threads
(Scott Oaks and Heny Wong, I always confuse him with Harry Kim ;)

Thanx in advance
Cheers
Robert

--
It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the
dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any