Building Ruby as a framework on OS X

Kevin Walzer

12/30/2008 10:33:00 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know how to build Ruby as a framework on OS X? Downloading
the source and running configure --help does not yield any
"--enable-framework" flags, which is what I was looking for. Python and
Tcl have these types of flags. I haven't been able to turn up anything
similar for Ruby.

I know it can be built as a framework; Apple has Ruby installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework; but I'd like to do it myself
and run it from /Library/Frameworks.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

hengist podd

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> Does anyone know how to build Ruby as a framework on OS X? Downloading
> the source and running configure --help does not yield any
> "--enable-framework" flags, which is what I was looking for. Python and
> Tcl have these types of flags. I haven't been able to turn up anything
> similar for Ruby.

You could try asking Laurent Sansonetti (lsansonetti at apple com) -
he's responsible for the Ruby support in OS X.

HTH

has

Sandor Szücs

On 30.12.2008, at 23:34, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Does anyone know how to build Ruby as a framework on OS X?

Maybe macruby match your needs: http://www.m...

regards, Sandor Sz=FCcs