[ANN] freeVikings 0.7

Jakub Pavlík jn.

12/27/2008 11:13:00 PM

It might be sort of off-topic, but though:

New release of freeVikings, a puzzle/platform game written in Ruby is out.
[http://sf.net/projects/f...]

If you have ever played one of excellent games "Lost Vikings", you must have
fallen in love with them. So have I and it's why project freeVikings exists.
In the same time (2004/2005) I made my first experience with Ruby, found
RUDL and decided to put my favourite game and programming language together...

Clone is, of course, really inferior to the original; it still lacks many
features, beauty and stability. But on the other side it has possibilities
that a commercial game didn't have (and probably didn't want to have):
on my opinion most important is the possibility to create custom levels.

I considered sending this as a response to the [QUIZ] Dreaming of Ruby Christmas, because the latest release contains new levels, which would fit in the quiz as a sort of (a bit perverted) celebration of Christmas. Try yourself and see...

--
"Configure complete, now type 'make' and PRAY."

(configure script of zsnes - www.zsnes.com)