Funny Christmas wallpapers, theme

kela

12/25/2008 8:56:00 AM

Funny Christmas wallpapers, theme
Free Funny Christmas Wallpaper Software Downloads
Free Watch Software - StarBurn, Animated Funny Santa Clock
Funny Christmas videos / Crazy Christmas Kick - Watch Santa Claus!
http://funny-christmas-wallpaperws.blo...
7 Answers

Steve Yates

On Jan 22, 12:49 pm, Mike Berger <mb1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> I will check the two switches under the right Eject hole again...they
> looked OK, but it was late.
>
> If that were the case, that the switch was closed, wouldn't it keep
> incrementing 5000 points continuosly?
>
> Mike

No, like I said, there are 2 switches. The one with the Red-White and
Blue wires energizes the R. Bonus Relay, which starts the scoring
process. This switch is working.

Once the Bonus Unit counts down to zero, the R. Bonus Relay de-
energizes and the Eject Relay activates. The bonus advance to 5,000
is done through the Eject Relay, and since there are no separate right
and left versions of this relay and the L. or R. Bonus Relay is de-
energized by this time, a second switch under the hole is used to
route the pulse to the proper Bonus Unit. This is the switch that is
stuck closed/shorted.

Steve Yates
Team-EM
http://REELp...

Chris Hibler

On Jan 22, 7:23 pm, Steve Yates <reelpinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 12:49 pm, Mike Berger <mb1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve,
> > Thanks for the tips.
>
> > I will check the two switches under the right Eject hole again...they
> > looked OK, but it was late.
>
> > If that were the case, that the switch was closed, wouldn't it keep
> > incrementing 5000 points continuosly?
>
> > Mike
>
> No, like I said, there are 2 switches.  The one with the Red-White and
> Blue wires energizes the R. Bonus Relay, which starts the scoring
> process.  This switch is working.
>
> Once the Bonus Unit counts down to zero, the R. Bonus Relay de-
> energizes and the Eject Relay activates.  The bonus advance to 5,000
> is done through the Eject Relay, and since there are no separate right
> and left versions of this relay and the L. or R. Bonus Relay is de-
> energized by this time, a second switch under the hole is used to
> route the pulse to the proper Bonus Unit.  This is the switch that is
> stuck closed/shorted.
>
> Steve Yates
> Team-EMhttp://REELp...

Grand Prix has the most complicate bonus scoring unit system that I've
come across. While I like working on most EM games, Grand Prix is one
that I cringe at, just for this reason. The bonus units can step down
one step at a time, or then can be returned to the "zero" position
with one stroke of a special coil. Yikes!

I don't think that's the issue with your game Mike...I was just
reliving past Grand Prix debuggin... :-)
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
www.Team-EM.com

barnhart_pinball

>> Team-EMhttp://REELp...
>
> Grand Prix has the most complicate bonus scoring unit system that I've
> come across. While I like working on most EM games, Grand Prix is one
> that I cringe at, just for this reason. The bonus units can step down
> one step at a time, or then can be returned to the "zero" position
> with one stroke of a special coil. Yikes!
>
> I don't think that's the issue with your game Mike...I was just
> reliving past Grand Prix debuggin... :-)
> --
> Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
> www.Team-EM.com
> http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball...

and which Grand Prix was that Chris?

Mitch :P

--
"That deaf dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball"

John Robertson

Mike Berger wrote:
> Steve,
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> I will check the two switches under the right Eject hole again...they
> looked OK, but it was late.
>
> If that were the case, that the switch was closed, wouldn't it keep
> incrementing 5000 points continuosly?
>
> Mike

Did you do the Playfield "Thump!" test (side of your fist)? That shows
up lots of weird switch results...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Mike Berger

John,
I didn't do the thump test yet, but if the above suggestions don't
work, that's the next thing I try.

BTW,
I'm about to remove, clean and reassemble a rockola 1454 gripper
unit. Any other tips, besides the instructions on your site?
Did anyone ever do a video on that? I now there are a bunch of vids
on Seeburg.

Thanks,
Mike

John Robertson

Mike Berger wrote:
> John,
> I didn't do the thump test yet, but if the above suggestions don't
> work, that's the next thing I try.
>
> BTW,
> I'm about to remove, clean and reassemble a rockola 1454 gripper
> unit. Any other tips, besides the instructions on your site?
> Did anyone ever do a video on that? I now there are a bunch of vids
> on Seeburg.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I always thump test (a few times) a playfield after doing repairs -
shows up switches hat still need a bit more adjustment or have too much
bounce.

With armatures I always clean in between each commutator copper pad with
a burnishing tool or other very thin metal tool. This removes carbon
residue and often restores the motor to full power.

While in there, oil the bearings (3-in-1 or 20W non-detergent or
synthetic gear oil (synth being the best)), replace the grease on the
gear head(molylube), and check the end play on the armature.

Some motors' end play is adjustable with a screw (large flat threaded
metal disc that tightens the armature end-to-end play) on the gearhead
end that is secured with a set screw on the side - these usually have a
tiny ball bearing on the end of the armature that presses against the
adjusting screw. Make sure you have aobut 1/1000 of an inch play after
tightening, there MUST be some end-to-end, it is just very little -
about the thickness of a thin peice of paper, enough to feel, but
perhaps not measure.

John :-#)(#

www.flippers.com

Mike Berger

Steve,
It turned out to be a closed switch under the right kickout hole..just
as you stated.

I don't know how these switches seem to close after you've sworn
you've checked them...

Thanks again for steering me in the right direction.

Mike

P.S. there is a new problem...new post to follow.