Non-newline gets

Michael Boutros

12/21/2008 6:59:00 AM

Hello,

I'm writing a CLI and I want to get some additional information after I
first run the script, namely the username. Take a look.

-- code
puts "Welcome. Enter username: "
username = gets.strip
-- /code

That works fine, but the issue is that it takes the username on a new
line, like so:

$ ruby script.rb
Welcome. Enter username:
michaelboutros

How can I make it so that the username can be entered on the same line?

Thanks,
Michael Boutros

Yaser Sulaiman

Don't use puts, use print instead.