ruby-debug quit without prompt?

Roger Pack

12/20/2008 11:56:00 PM

Is there a setting somewhere for ruby-debug to avoid the
(rdb:1) exit
Really quit? (y/n) y

?

Thanks!
-=R

Roger Pack

Roger Pack wrote:
> Is there a setting somewhere for ruby-debug to avoid the
> (rdb:1) exit
> Really quit? (y/n) y

There is
"quit unconditionally"
but I'm looking for more like a ~/.rdbrc setting. From the code [to
answer my question] appears there isn't one currently.

-=R

Ryan Davis

On Dec 20, 2008, at 15:56 , Roger Pack wrote:

> Is there a setting somewhere for ruby-debug to avoid the
> (rdb:1) exit
> Really quit? (y/n) y

exit! maybe?

Roger Pack

Ryan Davis wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2008, at 15:56 , Roger Pack wrote:
>
>> Is there a setting somewhere for ruby-debug to avoid the
>> (rdb:1) exit
>> Really quit? (y/n) y
>
> exit! maybe?

Yeah makes sense to me--I submitted a patch to allow for it.
-=R

Michael Black

David

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:15:17 PM UTC-4, Michael Black wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Barry Margolin wrote:

> > If they don't change their name, we might get MORE merchandise with the
> > Redskins name, because people will be able to sell it without having to
> > pay licensing fees to the team.

> Maybe, I'm certainly not sure the lack of trademark forces them to change.
> On the other hand, if everyone is selling legitimate bootleg items, the
> team may feel the impact, so they change the name, and thus can go back to
> stomping on bootleg merchandisers.

The owner is a typically stubborn ass. But you'd think the NFL could do something since a percentage of merchandise sales are split up to every team.

Michael Black

Barry Margolin

In article <alpine.LNX.2.02.1406181411360.14035@darkstar.example.org>,
Michael Black <et472@ncf.ca> wrote:

> On the other hand, someone who's probably a distant cousin of mine said a
> few years ago in a newspaper article that he didn't find "Washington
> Redksins" offensive, though I never read the full article to see why not.
> That was one of the Timentwas in or around the Colville Reservation in
> Washington State.

One of the problems with this issue is that I think a large proportion
of the American public does not live in areas where there's contention
between Native Americans and other Americans.

Race relations between blacks and whites are front-and-center in our
culture, and everyone knows that it's taboo for non-blacks to use the
N-word. But the R-word is far removed from the public consciousness, it
sounds to many of us like a quaint relic from the wild west. Most of us
don't encounter Native Americans, and we're not aware of them being
discriminated against in the same way that blacks or latinos are.

I think it's likely that the owner of the team is like that, which is
why he thinks that the name actually celebrates Native Americans.

But in areas where there are clashes between the communities (like the
area where the "Longmire" TV show takes place), I suspect that the
R-word *is* used as a derogatory term. And these Native Americans have
good reason to be offended when the term is used nonchalantly as the
name of a sports team.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA

Barry Margolin

In article <alpine.LNX.2.02.1406181428191.14035@darkstar.example.org>,
Michael Black <et472@ncf.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, David wrote:

> >> Maybe, I'm certainly not sure the lack of trademark forces them to change.
> >> On the other hand, if everyone is selling legitimate bootleg items, the
> >> team may feel the impact, so they change the name, and thus can go back to
> >> stomping on bootleg merchandisers.
> >
> > The owner is a typically stubborn ass. But you'd think the NFL could do
> > something since a percentage of merchandise sales are split up to every
> > team.
> >

> Apparently football (North American style, not the one with the round
> ball) isn't as organized as basketball. They got that Stirling guy good.

Yeah, he's only making a 16,000% profit (before takes). That'll teach
him.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA

Ubiquitous

et472@ncf.ca wrote:

>On the other hand, someone who's probably a distant cousin of mine said a
>few years ago in a newspaper article that he didn't find "Washington
>Redksins" offensive, though I never read the full article to see why not.
>That was one of the Timentwas in or around the Colville Reservation in
>Washington State.

The team wa snamed after a former owner.

--
So to recap:
Iraq is imploding

BTR1701

On Jun 18 2014 11:33 AM, Barry Margolin wrote:

> One of the problems with this issue is that I think a large proportion
> of the American public does not live in areas where there's contention
> between Native Americans and other Americans.
>
> Race relations between blacks and whites are front-and-center in our
> culture, and everyone knows that it's taboo for non-blacks to use the
> N-word. But the R-word is far removed from the public consciousness, it
> sounds to many of us like a quaint relic from the wild west. Most of us
> don't encounter Native Americans, and we're not aware of them being
> discriminated against in the same way that blacks or latinos are.
>
> I think it's likely that the owner of the team is like that, which is
> why he thinks that the name actually celebrates Native Americans.

The overwhelming majority of Native American nations have gone on record
saying they have no problem with the team name. It's only a whiny few who
see political and financial advantage in being outraged that are
complaining.