How to implement drag and drop

Arati Sawant

I have a set of draggable objects inside a span. I tried to implement
drag n drop using win32ole library. I used '' function. This funtion
requires x and y coordinates of soucre and destination. I was sucessfuly
able to implement drag and drop but with harded x and y coordinates of
source and destination.

I am reseaching on how to get elements (div, span) x and y coordinates??

Any ideas how can I fix this?

Thanks,
Arati

Arati Sawant

Arati Sawant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a set of draggable objects inside a span. I tried to implement
> drag n drop using win32ole library. I used '' function. This funtion
> requires x and y coordinates of soucre and destination. I was sucessfuly
> able to implement drag and drop but with harded x and y coordinates of
> source and destination.
>
> I am reseaching on how to get elements (div, span) x and y coordinates??
>
> Any ideas how can I fix this?
>

> Thanks,
> Arati

Forgot to mentioned the function name 'MouseClickDrag'.

Max Williams

Arati Sawant wrote:
> Arati Sawant wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a set of draggable objects inside a span. I tried to implement
>> drag n drop using win32ole library. I used '' function. This funtion
>> requires x and y coordinates of soucre and destination. I was sucessfuly
>> able to implement drag and drop but with harded x and y coordinates of
>> source and destination.
>>
>> I am reseaching on how to get elements (div, span) x and y coordinates??
>>
>> Any ideas how can I fix this?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Arati
>
> Forgot to mentioned the function name 'MouseClickDrag'.

Have a look at jQuery, it has a variety of different plugins for this
sort of thing.