How to create a music player using ruby

Tejaswini Pedapati

12/15/2008 9:18:00 AM

I want to create a music player like itunes or media player using ruby.
Is it possible? How do i go about? I tried to google but could not find
what I wanted.
Thanks,
Tejaswini

Vladimir Fekete

it depends whether you want to create only GUI for it or you want to make
it actually play songs. For GUI you need only "normal" libraries. For
playing you have to find library which supports formats such as mp3, ogg,
wma,... and supports play, pauste, stop, seek, e.t.c. and this is maybe
harder.

Cheers,

V.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 06:18:18PM +0900, Tejaswini Pedapati wrote:
> I want to create a music player like itunes or media player using ruby.
> Is it possible? How do i go about? I tried to google but could not find
> what I wanted.
> Thanks,
> Tejaswini

Alex Fenton

Tejaswini Pedapati wrote:
> I want to create a music player like itunes or media player using ruby.
> Is it possible? How do i go about? I tried to google but could not find
> what I wanted.

wxRuby (http://wxruby.rub...) includes the Wx::MediaCtrl which is
a GUI component that can play mp3s, mp4s, quicktime etc.

http://wxruby.rub.../doc/mediactrl.html

You can then create other GUI controls to list tracks, control playback
or whatever. A fairly basic example is included in the wxRuby distribution.

http://wxruby.rub.../svn/trunk/wxruby2/samples/media/mediactrl.rb

I would expect that the other large GUI libraries (Gnome, QT) have
similar components so you may want to look into them as well.

In article <HPadnf70bPt1eebMnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d@giganews.com>, linuxgal
<linuxgal@cleanposts.com> wrote:

> ?RLMeasures wrote:

> > ? The nerve bundle from the brain that connects to the clitoris also
> > connects to the G-spot. The end of the nerve bundle is the horizontal top
> > part of a T with the clitoris and the Grafenberg Spot being the two ends
> > of the top part. Some girls seem to have a more sensitive G-spot Some
> > not.
> >

> No offense, Mr. Measures, but I get a very weird vibe from you, as
> though you believe womenfolk are aliens from another planet.

? The point is that if woman was built from a man's rib like Genesis
says, women should be pretty much the same -- but the differences are not
small - so my conclusion is that the book of Genesis is of human origin.
This is why Genesis is full of bad guesses.

> The
> differences are fun,

? that's what double the nerve endings does. Count yourself lucky
females. My guess is that double the nerve ending is payback for changing
diapers and mopping up vomit.

>but the two halves of the species are partners, not
> strangers.

? agreed.

linuxgal

?RLMeasures wrote:
> In article<HPadnf70bPt1eebMnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d@giganews.com>, linuxgal
> <linuxgal@cleanposts.com> wrote:
>
> ? The point is that if woman was built from a man's rib like Genesis
> says, women should be pretty much the same -- but the differences are not
> small - so my conclusion is that the book of Genesis is of human origin.
> This is why Genesis is full of bad guesses.

You saying the differences are large when I say they are not so large is
like two people from different cultures counting the number of colors in
a rainbow. Some say three, some say seven, some say 13.

> ? that's what double the nerve endings does. Count yourself lucky
> females. My guess is that double the nerve ending is payback for changing
> diapers and mopping up vomit.

Ah yes, but if you review the design, that little button with all the
nerve endings is not directly stimulated during normal vaginal
intercourse, but the corresponding structure for men definitely is. So
the double nerve-endings in a much smaller package compensates for that,
more or less. Of course, no one thinks about any of this stuff when
they're actually doing the wild thang.

--
Halftime at Circvs Maximvs, and the Lions lead the Christians 326-0