Need help with rubyw

yacrumb

12/12/2008 11:44:00 AM

Hello,

I'm planning to run ruby setup script from lots of testclasses (NUnit)
so I need to hide the console window. But starting process from C# with
rubyw only returns error.

Then I try this helloworld-like test:

>echo sleep(5) > tst.rb
>ruby tst.rb
(sleeps 5 secs)

>rubyw tst.rb
(terminates immediately)

Why no sleep with rubyw?

What should I do to hide console window? My OS is MS Server 2003

Thanks!

Robert Dober

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Rasmus Rasmussen <yacrumb@yahoo.se> wrote=
:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to run ruby setup script from lots of testclasses (NUnit)
> so I need to hide the console window. But starting process from C# with
> rubyw only returns error.
>
> Then I try this helloworld-like test:
>
>>echo sleep(5) > tst.rb
>>ruby tst.rb
> (sleeps 5 secs)
>
>>rubyw tst.rb
> (terminates immediately)
>
> Why no sleep with rubyw?
Oh it sleeps just fine, but in a background process, this is the same as ty=
ping
sleep 5 &
in a bash shell, does not make lot's of sense.
HTH
Robert
--=20
Il computer non =E8 una macchina intelligente che aiuta le persone
stupide, anzi, =E8 una macchina stupida che funziona solo nelle mani
delle persone intelligenti.
Computers are not smart to help stupid people, rather they are stupid
and will work only if taken care of by smart people.

Umberto Eco

Linuxgal

Alan Ferris wrote:
> Duke hates women because his niece reported him for abuse and that was the
> closest he ever got to one.

I don't even want to know.

--
Halftime at Circvs Maximvs, and the Lions lead the Christians 326-0

Attila <

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:52:24 -0800, Linuxgal <teresita@cleanposts.com>
in alt.abortion with message-id
<9smdnUQNaukGYVXNnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@giganews.com> wrote:

>duke wrote:

>> God called it "Adventures of Adam and Eve".
>>

>You also said he called Eve "woe-man". Must be one of those Catholic
>editions of the Bible.

Written in English.

--
Pro-Choice is Pro-Freedom

Every illegal alien is a criminal.
No amnesty or work permit under any name or for any reason.
Deportation upon identification as the only option.

Religion is the worst monstrosity ever fostered upon the
human species. Only mental defectives would pay the
slightest attention to it.

Why should any religion be considered a foreign nation
with Ambassadors and diplomatic immunity?

Michael Vick should be stripped naked and put in a pit
with at least a dozen of his dogs.

duke

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:36:33 +1100, "Andrew W" <remove_ajwerner@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>"duke" <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 05:19:26 -0800, Linuxgal
>> <teresita@cleanposts.com> wrote:

>>> Hence the Roman Catholic Church has no scientific basis for the Fall
>>> of Man
>>
>> God called it "Adventures of Adam and Eve".

>So then there's no original sin and no need to be saved from those 'flames'
>and 'satan' you love talking about.

Then you don't understand the adventures of A&E.

>You know, the one who tells people to -
>"drop 'em, bend over, put your head between your legs and kiss your
>ass goodbye. And then he mounts you. Heeheehee. "

The dukester, American - American
You can't fix stupid.

duke

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:52:24 -0800, Linuxgal <teresita@cleanposts.com> wrote:

>duke wrote:

>> God called it "Adventures of Adam and Eve".

>You also said he called Eve "woe-man". Must be one of those Catholic
>editions of the Bible.

I think it's clear what the intent was, poor adam being the one sucked in by a
woe-man to sin against God.

Sounds like innocence following evil - to me. Heeheehee.