[ANN] un 1.0.0 Released

Ryan Davis

11/8/2008 2:37:00 AM

un version 1.0.0 has been released!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...

un provides unextend and uninclude to allow for a better
prototype-oriented programming experience.

Changes:

### 1.0.0 / 2008-11-07

* 1 major enhancement

* Birthday!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...

5 Answers

Trans

On Nov 7, 9:36=A0pm, Ryan Davis <ryand-r...@zenspider.com> wrote:
> un version 1.0.0 has been released!
>
> * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...
>
> un provides unextend and uninclude to allow for a better
> prototype-oriented programming experience.

Why another when we already have Mixology and Mixco?

http://github.com/why/mixico/t...
http://www.somethingnimble.com/blik...

-7rans.

ara.t.howard

On Nov 7, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

> un version 1.0.0 has been released!
>
> * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...
>
> un provides unextend and uninclude to allow for a better
> prototype-oriented programming experience.
>
> Changes:
>
> ### 1.0.0 / 2008-11-07
>
> * 1 major enhancement
>
> * Birthday!
>
> * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...

cfp:~ > ruby -r un -e 'puts "ruh-roh!"'
ruh-roh!

cfp:~ > head /opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/un.rb
#
# = un.rb
#
# Copyright (c) 2003 WATANABE Hirofumi <eban@ruby-lang.org>
#
# This program is free software.
# You can distribute/modify this program under the same terms of Ruby.
#
# == Utilities to replace common UNIX commands in Makefiles etc
#

problem?

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Ryan Davis

On Nov 7, 2008, at 23:50 , Trans wrote:

> Why another when we already have Mixology and Mixco?

oh... the irony...

Ryan Davis

On Nov 8, 2008, at 01:43 , ara.t.howard wrote:

> cfp:~ > ruby -r un -e 'puts "ruh-roh!"'
> ruh-roh!
>
> problem?

gah. I forgot about it... I doubt much of anyone uses the stdlib
un.rb, but given this additional problem, I should still prolly rename
it:

520 % ruby -e 'require "rubygems"; require "un"; p Un::VERSION'
-e:1: uninitialized constant Un (NameError)

bad

521 % ruby -e 'require "rubygems"; gem "un"; require "un"; p
Un::VERSION'
"1.0.0"

good enough, but kinda lame

Trans

On Nov 8, 8:49=A0am, Ryan Davis <ryand-r...@zenspider.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2008, at 23:50 , Trans wrote:
>
> > Why another when we already have Mixology and Mixco?
>
> oh... the irony...

If you want to ask me about a project of mine, feel free. But I'm
asking you about yours, b/c I want to understand the relative merits
of the different approaches.

T.